2: Helpful Hunters

Scott woke up on a bathroom floor.

"Guys, he's awake," Kira announced. The others rushed over to him.

"Scott?" Stiles asked, worry in his voice. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." He started to sit up, Kira and Stiles helping him. "They don't have him. They don't have Derek."

"We know. But they have Lydia."

"Lydia? What do they want with Lydia?"

Stiles shrugged. "I don't know."

Scott went to the door and tried to force it open.

"We've tried that already," Isabel said. She was sitting on the floor leaning against a pillar.

"We've already tried looking for a way out," Kira confirmed.

"I think a lot of people have tried looking for a way out," Malia said as Scott noticed the claw marks in the wall next to the door and ran his fingers across them.

"I don't see why Isabel can't turn something into a battering ram and get us out of here."

Isabel gave Stiles a dirty look. "For starters, do you see anything I can use to do that? Secondly, thick steel door with a heavy bolt. Think maximum security prison. If I could turn something into a battering ram, the noise would just bring the entire Calavera clan on us and possibly kill us."

"Speaking of," Scott interjected before Stiles could retort. "Araya hasn't killed us. We're still alive. That must mean she wants something."

"Yeah. Kate," Malia said. "I say next time that door opens, we jump whoever it is and get the hell out of here."

"What about Lydia?" Kira asked.

"What about her?"

"We're not leaving without her," Scott said.

"Malia," Stiles said calmly. "We've talked about this. Rules of the animal kingdom do not apply to friends."

"Sorry."

"Do you guys really expect her to forget her animal instincts after being a full coyote for eight years in just a few months?" Isabel asked. "It's going to take some time."

"What do you know about animal instincts?" Stiles asked.

"I've dated werewolves, sweetheart. I know plenty."

Scott suddenly turned as the latch to the door was thrown and the door opened. Isabel stood and walked next to Scott. Severo and three other Hunters were standing in the doorway. Both Isabel and Scott went into defensive stances. Severo held up the cattle prod and went towards Scott. He and another Hunter shoved their cattle prods into Isabel's chest. She went down and Scott knew it was taking everything for her to keep from extending her wings. Malia darted over to her. Severo then shoved his prod into Scott's chest.

"Scott!" Kira cried and the Alpha went down. Another Hunter shoved his prod into her back and ended up flying into the wall, much to Severo's amusement. He grabbed Kira's arm as the third Hunter stood.

"Get the Alpha." He pointed the cattle prod at Malia and Stiles. "You two behave and stay with the Beta." Scott and Kira were dragged out of the room and the door shut and locked.

"Beta?" Malia asked.

"He obviously... wasn't paying attention... to the fact I... don't have fangs."