40: Return to Mexico

"Are those going to hold him?" Stiles asked as Derek fitted the handcuffs around Liam's wrists and the young wolf tested them. "I mean, I handcuffed Scott to a radiator and he still got out."

"You taunting him didn't help," Derek said.

Lindsey raised a brow.

"What makes you think I was taunting him?"

"He told me, Stiles. He told me why he lost control like he did, you idiot." Derek reached into his jacket pocket, bringing out the triskelion medallion. "I brought something to help you. This has been with my family for centuries. It's a very powerful, supernatural talisman."

Stiles just looked at him, knowing the thing was a piece of junk. Isabel was glad she wasn't facing Liam, as she was biting her lip to keep from smiling.

"We use it to teach Betas how to control themselves on a full moon." He handed it to Liam and he took it. "When you start to feel yourself losing control, you repeat the mantra 'Alpha, Beta, Omega,' Got it?"

Liam nodded before looking at Lindsey.

"It'll work, Liam," she assured him.

~~~

The full moon started to rise and Liam began to feel the effects.

"Liam, now!" Lindsey said. "Say the mantra now!"

"Alpha. Beta. Omega," Liam started repeating the mantra, clutching the medallion. He kept repeating it, but there seemed to be no effect.

"Focus on the words," Derek said. "Tell yourself you're getting calmer."

"Alpha. Beta. Omega." Liam's voice seemed to grow deeper.

"Uh, Derek," Stiles said. "I don't think that powerful talisman of self-control is working."

Liam started to fight the restraints, causing the van to rock and Braeden to struggle to control the vehicle.

"Liam!" Derek yelled.

Liam broke free and immediately went after Derek.

"Whoa!" Stiles screamed.

"Derek!" Isabel cried as Derek struggled to keep Liam back.

"I think we need to go a little faster!"

"Liam!" Lindsey screamed.

Liam looked like he was trying to rip Derek's face off.

She pulled Stiles out of the way, having an idea. She grabbed him by the face and turned him to face her. "What three things cannot be long hidden?"

Liam snarled.

"Say it, Liam! What three things cannot be long hidden?"

"The sun, the moon, the truth."

"What three things cannot be long hidden?"

"The sun, the moon, the truth."

As they repeated the mantra together, Derek noticed that Lindsey's eyes had started to glow a dark green. Liam could feel himself growing calmer as if some sort of calming energy was flowing through him.

"I think we know what daemons can do now," Derek commented once Liam was in complete control.

Lindsey looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"You were putting out an aura of calmness," Isabel said. "Not to mention your eyes glowed while you were doing that."

Braeden put the van in park, as they had reached their destination while Lindsey helped bring Liam under control.