12: Lakehouse Party

Peter went back home to recuperate from the wolfsbane poisoning, while Derek and Isabel went to Stilinski with the keyboard glove. They stopped at the front desk.

"Is the sheriff in?" Derek asked.

"He's in his office," the front desk deputy directed them.

"Thanks." The two headed over to his office and Isabel knocked on the door frame.

Stilinski looked up. "Hey," he greeted. "What brings you here?"

"We have a little problem," Isabel said as they went inside. "Peter was attacked in the loft."

"What? Is he okay?"

"He is now. Our friend without the mouth stopped by to say hi. And apparently Derek and I are next on his list."

"What do you mean?"

Derek held out the keyboard. "He used this to tell Peter that I was next and that he would kill us both if he caught us together."

"Does he have a thing against the supernatural community?"

"Only if he's paid."

"I still don't get how this guy has no mouth. I mean how can he eat?"

Isabel gave a laugh and shook her head.

"Peter didn't get a chance to ask. He and Isabel were fighting him off while he had a tomahawk buried in his chest."

"Who runs around with a tomahawk?"

Isabel glanced up as Parrish walked in.

"I carried one for IED removal in Afghanistan," he offered. "It's military." He pointed at the keyboard in Stilinski's hand as he shut the door, knowing if Derek and Isabel were there, then it had something to do with the secret side of Beacon Hills. "And so is that."

"Do you know what it's used for?" Derek asked.

Parrish examined it. "This one looks like it's been modified."

"Show us."

~~~

Lindsey picked up Liam at his house and drove out to the lake house, Lindsey keeping an eye on Liam. She may have been immune to Valkyrie Screams, light bursts, and witches' magic, but she was pretty sure she wasn't immune to a werewolf ripping her throat out. She only hoped she would arrive before moonrise. Liam was looking uncomfortable.

"Are you okay?" Lindsey asked.

"Could you turn the music down, please?"

Lindsey glanced down at the radio. It was barely audible to her. "Are you sure you're okay?"

Liam looked at the radio, confused. He jumped when his phone buzzed. He looked down at it. "Who did you say was going to be at this party?"

"Everyone. Lydia throws the best parties, everyone comes to her parties." She pulled up to the lake house. "Hmm."

"Where is everyone?"

"The lake house is kinda hard to find. Maybe they just haven't found it yet."

"You didn't have a problem finding it."

"Because I've been to a few parties here with Danny."

"Oh."

Lindsey took his hand and they walked into the house. Liam stopped when he saw Scott, Stiles, Malia, Lydia, Kira, and Isaac. Stiles waved. Liam turned around as Lindsey shut and locked the door.