22: Quarantine

Sean arrived at the school to see several people milling around the school, most of them worried parents.

"Stilinski!" he called. Rafe went over to him and let him past the tape. "What's going on?"

"We're not sure yet," Rafe answered. Several people in HazMat suits came running out of the building, Stilinski and Rafe running over towards them.

"What happened in there?" Stilinski asked.

"I don't know," the head doctor said. "Must have been static electricity." The three men exchanged looks.

"Any breach of the interior layer?" another doctor asked.

"It's okay. It just broke the top layer."

"Any verdict on what we're dealing with yet?" Rafe asked, irritation coloring his voice. "My son's in there."

The doctor looked at Sean. "Do you have a son in there too?"

"No, just a sister that I'm the legal guardian of."

"Well, you can debrief each other." The doctor walked away.

"I heard smallpox," Rafe said. "Any truth to that?"

"It has to be manmade," Sean said.

"What?"

"I think Sean might be right," Stilinski said. "I don't think the Orphans were the only professional killers in Beacon Hills."

"Devin saw this," Sean said in a low voice.

"What do you mean? What did he see?"

"A poison made for supernaturals. He saw our wolves die from that."

"What about Lindsey and Stiles?"

"He wouldn't tell me. But this poison won't affect Lindsey, so the assassin is going to have to use a different tactic on her."

"Why won't if affect Lindsey? Because of her immunity?"

"Pretty much."

~~~

The pack was gathered in the boys' locker room. Scott, Isaac, and Malia were having trouble keeping their other side hidden. Scott's eyes kept flashing. Isaac couldn't make his fangs retract and Malia couldn't retract her claws.

"Obviously, the virus is affecting the three of you in a way it won't hit any human being," Ken said.

"You guys have to stay out of sight," Stiles said. "We have to quarantine you from the quarantine."

"Has anyone else noticed how much our conversations really don't make much sense anymore?" Lindsey quipped.

"Shut up, Miss I'm Immune."

"Can't help that I'm a supernatural with a natural immunity to everything."

"Wait, what?"

"Where are we going to quarantine them?" Danny interrupted. "I mean, what if they get violent? Like they would on a full moon."

Isaac groaned. "I hope it doesn't affect our control that much. Last time I was out of control I almost tore Stiles apart."

"Just so you know," Lindsey said. "I'm going to ask about that later."

"We can't stay in the locker room," Scott said.

"A classroom isn't going to hold us either," Isaac pointed out.

"What about the vault?" Lindsey asked.

"What vault?" Ken asked

"The Hale vault," Stiles said. "They always have an escape route so there should be another entrance."