Meet the Runners

Enjoy!

Rev is one happy road runner, he has the girl of his dreams and they have been together for about a year. There was just one thing, he haven't introduce Red to his family. Unfortunately Red would have love to introduce Rev to her parents but her parents passed away 5 years ago. As for today Rev was planning to ask Red to meet his family.

The couple were in Rev's room cuddling and kissing enjoying their special moment together. Rev smiled as he looked into Red's eyes and caress her cheek gently giving her a peck on the lips.

"Red can I ask you something?"

"Sure anything"

"What would you say if I were to ask you, if you want to meet my family?"

He asked. Red eyes open wide and she quickly sit up on her elbow.

"Really? You wouldn't mind?"

"Of course not, I would love for you to meet them"

"Sure. When?"

"How about right now?"

"Okay. Is there anything you should warn me about?"

Rev smirk.

"Well let me see, your not a coyote are you?"

He asked jokingly causing Red to laugh.

"Obviously not"

"Then there is nothing to worry about"

Red happily kiss him on the lips passionately causing Rev to moan and deepen the kiss. After a few minutes, they pulled away panting breathless.

"I love you Red"

"And I love you too Rev"

They said staring into each other's eyes.

*At Rev's Parents Home*

Rev opened the door allowing Red to go in first.

"Ma, Pa, Rip I'm home and I brought company"

Rev said as he motion for Red to sit on the couch. Just then Rev's parents arrive.

"Oh, Rev I'm so glad your here and its great to see you."

The mother said hugging her son tightly causing Rev to blush and Red to giggle.

"Its nice to see you Son, and who is this young lady?"

The father asked motioning towards the roadrunner on the couch. Rev smiled.

"Um can we sit down?"

Rev asked and the parents happily nodded and sat down on the other couch across Rev and Red.

"Um where's Rip?"

Rev asked.

"I'm over here"

Rip said coming down the stairs and sat on the single couch. Rev happily smiled.

"Great now that everyone is here, you guys this is my girlfriend Red"

The parents smile and Rip was surprise and looked towards the nervous female roadrunner.

"Oh my little boy is all grown up"

The mother happily cried and walked up to Red.

"My name is Harriet, this is Ralph and our other son Rip"

Red happily greeted them.

"Please to meet you"

Everyone gotten more comfortable and started asking Red some questions. Ralph decided to start off.

"So how long have you two been together?"

"For about a year now"

It was Harriet's turn.

"How did you two meet?"

"Well I met him by my friend Natalie"

With that said the two parents smiles disappear in a instant.

"Do you mean that coyote's wife Natalie?"

Ralph asked with disgust. Red frown at the tone.

"What does it matter?"

Ralph and Harriet quickly got up from the couch and grabbed Rev pulling him to the side leaving Red alone with Rip.

"Don't worry, my parents have coyote issues"

Rip said to Red. Red scoff and stood up walking up to Rev's parents.

"Um excuse me but I was just notify that you guys have coyote issues?"

Red asked but the parents ignored her and continued to talk to Rev.

"You are going to break up with this phoney roadrunner, she is a disgrace"

Ralph said angrily. Red frown and tapped Ralph on the shoulder and was then punched hard on the side of her cheek by Ralph causing her to fall and tear up from the hard impact. Rev gasp and quickly helped his girlfriend up, Rev looked over the punch and gasp at the size of the bruise that began to form.

"This was a mistake"

Rev said looking at his parents angrily.

"If you guys can't accept her then I am never coming back because I love her and let me tell you guys one last thing if it wasn't for Natalie introducing us then I would never have been this happy in my life. Good bye"

Rev said leaving his parents stunned as he took Red back to her home. He then gently sit her on the couch and went to the kitchen to get an ice pack as he returned he placed it on her swollen cheek. Silence was settling in between them but Red knew she need to say something, she removed Rev's hand with the ice pack.

"Rev..."

But Rev stubbornly place the ice lack back on her cheek.

"Rev we need to talk"

"There is nothing to talk about I love you as simple as that"

"But your parents.."

"My parents need to let go of the past, I mean come on this is the new century"

"But..."

"No buts and my father should have never laid a hand on you"

"Rev I don't have my parents but you still do. Cherish them despite what they might think"

"They would have made me break up with you and I don't ever want to do that even if it makes my parents happy because I love you and if my parents really love me then they should learn to at least like you"

Red was tearing up with Rev's words and cup his face and in her hands.

"You really love me that much that you would stop contacting your parents"

Rev looked into Red's eyes.

"I mean it when I say I love you and that includes sacrifices"

"Oh Rev"

Red then closed the distance and kissed Rev on the lips hard and passionately causing him to fall back on the couch with Red on top of him. They pulled back slightly, Rev smiled and caress her swollen cheek.

"I really do hope this go down soon"

"It will, unless you give me more kisses to make it go away faster"

Rev smiled and happily kissed Red on the lips.

A/N Rate and Comment