two

grace

When class ends, I get up and walk out of the classroom, waiting for Louis. He comes out and looks over to me. "Ready to go to the next class? Or do you need to go to your locker first?"

"I'm ready."

"Okay." He smiles, grabbing my hand, and starts to walk.

"Louis?" I walk with him, looking down at our hands then back at him. "What exactly are you doing?"

"Walking down the hall to our next class holding your hand. Is there something wrong with that?"

"I just wanted to know why we're holding hands."

"This is a big school and there's a lot of people walking around it. I don't think you want to lose me, seeing as I'm helping you find your classrooms. Besides, shouldn't people be able to hold hands without being in a relationship?"

Something, probably more like everything, about him is just so attractive to me. Is it weird to like someone you just met? Why should it matter though? People can be friends without being in a relationship. It's not like we're going to date, we just met.

"I guess." I shrug and continue walking with him. We get to our next class quickly and take our seats.

The rest of the day is the same thing over and over again. The teacher introduces themself, goes over the guidelines, we leave. I'm thankful when it's finally over.

Just as I'm about to leave, Louis walks up to me. "Here to show me the way out?" I tease him and he laughs.

"No, I came to tell you there's a party at my place tonight if you want to come." Parties. Attention. No thanks.

"Won't your friends wonder why there's some random girl there?" I need to think of something better than that.

"There's always random girls there, it's  nothing new to a house full of teenage boys." He looks at me. "Are you worried that they won't like you because you don't look the way we do? That they'll judge you?" I hesitate before answering.

"Kind of. But if there's always random girls there, why do you want me there? I'm just another normal girl." He nods, leaning against the locker next to mine, like how we met this morning.

"But you're not 'just another normal girl.' You're different, you're not like any of the other girls that are there. Besides, they won't bother you, and if they do, I'll take care of it."

"I don't know.." I sigh, looking up at him. His eyes are full of hope that I would give in and go. "Fine, I'll be there." He smiles wide, and I can't help but smile back.

"We could just head there now if you'd like? Or later I could pick you up or something?"

"We could stop by my house so I could change real quick and go from there? Unless you drive, it's totally up to you."

"Of course, whatever you'd like to do."

"We should get going." I say and we head outside.

We walk across the parking lot to his car, which is already running by the time we get there. We get in and he pulls out of the lot, driving down the street to the address that I gave him. I'm so glad my house isn't too far away from the school, it saves me from having to take the bus every day.

When we get to my house, I unlock the door and walk inside. "I'm gonna go change real quick." I say before walking upstairs. What should I even wear? I don't think it's a fancy party, knowing it's just Louis and his friends. But I don't want to dress like I'm trying to bring attention to myself.

I decide on a black dress that comes to just above my knees and put some heels on. I walk over to the mirror and fix my hair before walking downstairs, looking at Louis when I reach the bottom. "Is this too much?" I ask. He's staring at me, struggling to find words.

"It's perfect." He says and I look down, feeling my cheeks begin to heat up.

"Should we go?" I start to feel a bit awkward, standing here while he stares at me. He doesn't say anything, he just nods quickly. I'm probably too overdressed, but it'll be fine for tonight. We leave for his house and I follow him inside.

"Um..you could just sit on the couch if you want, I'm gonna change too. People will probably be here in a few minutes." He says and goes into his room.

I stand in the middle of the room and look around, taking in my surroundings. The house is much larger than mine, and better decorated.
It's the perfect size for parties.

I sit down on the couch and wait for Louis to come down.

Just as he walks back into the livingroom, the door opens and in walks Harry with my sister at his side. I guess I'm not too overdressed because she's dressed nice too.

"I wasn't expecting to see you here." Lexi says, walking over to the couch, and sits down next to me. "How's your new school?"

"Boring, repetitive. Did all of the teachers always do things the exact same way when you went there?"

"Yeah, that's how just about every school is." She sighs, then changes the subject. "So what are you doing here?"

"Louis invited me." She looks shocked.

"Louis, invited you?" She looks over to Louis, who's talking to Harry and a group of a few other boys. "Didn't you guys just meet?"

"Yeah. but why does it matter? He was just being friendly by asking and I appreciate the offer." I tell her and she laughs.

"Louis isn't nice to people for no reason. It usually means that he's into them. It takes a lot for him to be nice."

"Do you really think he likes me?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if he does, do you want me to go talk to him?"

"If you want." I shrug and she stands up, walking out of the room to find Louis.

I look around the room, which is quickly filling with people. Some are drinking, some are dancing, and some are doing who knows what. This is going to be one long party.