thirteen

Louis

"Call the cops, I dare you. They won't do anything, you have no proof that I did anything to her, and she's too much of a wimp to tell them. You think that you know her but you really don't." Aaron says, glaring at me. Somehow, there's still a smirk plastered to his face. It'll probably be there until the day he dies, maybe after that too.

"No, you are the one that doesn't really know her. But that's alright because you don't deserve to know her, and you never will."

"I'm sure I know her better than you do. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to finish what I started." He pushes past me and walks towards Grace's bedroom.

I quickly follow at his heels, hoping that Grace found a way to escape. I don't want him anywhere near her. He opens the bedroom door and I quickly look around the room to see that she is nowhere to be found. Aaron starts to search around her room, calling her name multiple times. He looks in her closet, under her bed, anywhere he can think of.

"Where the hell is she?" He looks at me, eyes wide.

"How am I supposed to know?"

"I thought you always knew where she was." He stepped closer to me.

"What do you think I am? Her stalker? I'm sorry but that's you." I laugh and he continues to step closer to me.

"I'll give you two hours to find her."

"Or what?" I look at him, unable to keep a smirk off my face. "You won't and can't do shit to her if I don't find her. Maybe I'll run off with her to stay away from you." I start thinking of a plan to piss Aaron off.

"You have school and you know that she cares about her attendace. You just want to pass."

"I couldn't give two shits about school. Now, I'd like to find the love of my life so if you will, please leave." I watch to make sure he leaves and sigh heavily. "Grace are you somehow still in here?" I call out loud, hoping for an answer. But just as I thought, no answer.

I look around her bedroom and bite on my lower lip. I could pack as much of her stuff as I could and take her with me to some place safe, somewhere that Aaron could never think of looking at. My phone buzzes in my pocket and I answer immediately. A wave of relief falls over me when I hear Grace's voice.

"Are you okay? Where are you?" I instantly ask.

"I'm fine, just a little scared. I don't want to go back there, Louis."

"It's fine, I'm here. We can meet up somewhere and I can bring your stuff with me, I'll bring you somewhere safe. I'll take care of you."

"What about Emma? And school?" It's her turn to ask the questions.

"Emma's back at college, she wants to finish up and she's probably getting her own place after that with her boyfriend. I'll figure out something for school, don't worry about it. I'll pack as much of your stuff as I can and I'll be there, just text me where you are and stay put." We say our goodbyes and I hang up, shoving my phone back into my pocket.

I pack as fast as I can, unable to wait any longer to see Grace. I want her to be safe, and I'd like to know what we are now. Are we back together? Does she still want to be just friends? I don't want to be just friends. I want her to be mine and I want to protect her from everything bad. I want to stay with her for the rest of my life and never leave. I don't want us to fight, I don't want anything to come between us. Nothing can keep me from loving her.

I quickly drive to where Grace told me she was and hop out of the car, rushing over to her. She fell asleep on a bench waiting. Either I took too long or she was really tired. I carefully lift her up, trying not to wake her, and carry her to my car. She moves a bit a few times on the way, but continues to sleep once she's in the car.

I sit in my seat and think for a moment, deciding on where to go. I think there's somewhere around here, but it's quite a drive. I don't want Aaron coming back to her house to find her there, so I guess it'll work for now.

....
Grace

My eyes slowly open and I look to my left to see Louis. I didn't even realize he found me. I have no clue where we're going and I hope that he does. I strech, as much as I can in my seat, and sit up.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"We're going to my family's cabin for now. I didn't want it to be anywhere that Aaron could find us. He knows where I live, same with Harry and Lexi, so I knew we couldn't stay there. I just want you to be safe from him."

"How much longer until we're there?"

"Probably half an hour. An hour at most."

I sigh and lean my head against the window, watching the trees as we pass by. This is going to be a long ride.