eleven

Louis

I sit in class, waiting for class to finally be over. Grace hasn't talked to me all day, ever since I left her locker. The last time this happened is after we broke up, and that was hell, but I didn't blame her for not talking to me. Now, I don't know the reason.

The bell finally rings and I get up, walking out of the classroom quickly. I need to talk to her, I need to know what's wrong. I walk over to her locker, luckily she's already there.

"Is there something wrong?"

I lean against the locker next to hers, the same place we first met. The time I thought I had a chance with her, I thought there was finally someone willing to be with me. She was so sweet and innocent, we got along well. That was something I didn't expect would happen. Look where we are now. I can only hope for us to be as close as we once were, soon.

"I don't know, is there?" She turns to me, crossing her arms over her chest.

"If I knew, I wouldn't have asked that."

"Was the letter a way to try and get me back?" Letter? I never gave her any letter. I'm glad I didn't give her one, she certainly doesn't seem happy about it.

"What?" I ask, giving her a confused look.

"The letter that fell out of my book earlier, when you had to run off to class. The whole explanation of how I changed you and how you hope that the letter wouldn't ruin our 'friendship.'"

"What the hell are you talking about? I never gave you any letter!"

"Who else would have given me this letter!?"

"Told you that you did the wrong thing." Victoria walks by, smirking. I grab onto her arm tightly and yank her over to me.

"What the hell was that for!?" She whines, trying to pull my hand off her small arm.

"You gave Grace that letter?" I ask, glaring down at her.

"I was just doing my job, I was told to deliver it and I did."

"Let me guess, your piece of shit brother wrote it, right?"

"Maybe, now let go of me." She says and I shake my head, walking across the hallway.

"You can go, Grace. I'll talk to you later." I say and she walks off. I'm glad that for once she didn't try to stay and stop me. "You can tell Aaron that Grace is not interested and never will be. Tell him to stay away."

"Or what?" She pushes, a slight smirk still on her face.

"I never said there was a reason." I say and her arms slide around my neck, her eyes staring up at me. "I also didn't say that you could touch me." I pull her arms off me and she sighs.

"How can you tell how a guy feels about you?" Victoria traces her finger down my jaw, keeping her eyes locked on mine.

"I can tell you that I don't feel anything for you."

"I never said I was talking about you, but alright. Just admit it already, Louis. You have feelings for me, and always have."

"I'm not Harry, I don't go after people's sisters." I pull away from her and she frowns.

"You're after Grace."

"Lexi is my best friend's fiancée. I didn't know they were related when I met Grace."

"You can't tell me that you never heard Lexi talking about Grace or that you never met her before."

"No, I didn't. I have to go." I say, starting to walk away. Just as I figured, she follows. "What do you want from me?" I ask, still walking.

"I want to come with you." Victoria says and I laugh.

"Wherever you think I'm going, you're not coming."

"Why not?"

"There's a million other people that I'd much rather be with."

"One of them being Grace?" She looks down, stopping at the doors. I sigh and nod.

"Yes, and I'm going to do whatever it takes to make her mine again. Don't try to get in the middle of it." I say, walking away. This time, she doesn't follow.

Grace

I sit on the couch, setting my bag next to me. I should have known that letter wasn't Louis, I feel bad now for accusing him. I pull my phone out of my pocket and dial his number.

"If you're calling to apologize, don't worry about it." He answers within the first few rings.

"How'd you know that's what I was calling for?" I ask, smiling slightly.

"You're always apologizing."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No, but you shouldn't apologize so much. Especially for things that aren't your fault."

"I know, but some things are my fault. What did Victoria want?" He doesn't answer for a few moments, causing me to get more curious.

"Don't worry about it, I took care of it. She should leave you alone now."

"I doubt she will." I hear a knock on the door stand up, looking out the window.

"Are you feeling any better than you did this morning?"

"Yeah, are you at my house?" I ask, not able to see who's outside the door.

"No, why?"

"Someone just knocked on the door and I can't tell who it is from looking out the window. I know that I-"

"I'll be there as soon as I can." He says before I can finish and hangs up. I walk over to the door and open it slowly, quickly regretting doing so when I recognize the face.