five

Louis

I couldn't help myself, it just happened. It's not like I meant for it to a day after a day of going out, or even knowing each other. She's just so different, she's not like any of the other girls I've been with. Something just pulled me to her, and I wish I knew what it was.

I pull away quickly and take a step back from her. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.. I-" Why am I so nervous? It's not like I haven't kissed a girl before. Then again, the ones I kissed weren't half as beautiful as Grace.

"I-It's fine." She attempts to smile, but her nerves get the best of her and she fails. She's not mad at me, which is something I was not expecting.

"You're not mad?" I need to get this right. She shakes her head while I stand here, completely confused.

"No, why should I be mad at you for showing your feelings? Besides, why should we be like everyone else? We barely know each other, clearly nothing about our relationship is normal, so why should we follow the standards? I know some people that dated for a few months and they ended up being together for a long time." I can tell she's nervous as she keeps babbling on about relationships and high school sweethearts, shit like that. Normally I would stop someone who just keeps on talking, but I love how passionate she is about this. About love. It's cute.

"You're sure you don't want to be like everyone else?" I raise an eyebrow, looking down at her. She nods and smiles. "Then what are we supposed to do now? If we can't do what other people do, then what do we do?"

"I never said we couldn't do what they do, I just said we don't have to do everything. We can still do normal couple things, we're just a bit different."

Grace

He thought I of all people would be mad at him. I just had my first kiss and I should be mad. I find it hard to even think of being mad at him, he's so nice to me. And of course then I make a complete fool of myself and keep going on about relationships. He's probably scared now.

"Remember when you asked if I was sure I had nothing to do today?" He asks.

"That was like five minutes ago." I laugh softly. "But yes."

"I might have had one thing I wanted to do. But you don't have to leave, you can come with me if you want."

"And that is?" I ask.

"I was going to go to the tattoo shop, I totally forgot that I made an appointment the other day." Without Harry? That's a surprise.

"Oh." What would I do while he was getting his tattoo? Hold his hand through the pain? I don't plan on getting one, I have enough for now.

"Yeah." He laces his fingers with mine. "Only if you want to, but I would like if you came."

"I'll come." I say and he smiles again.

"Do you need to stop home to change or do you want to stay in that for now?" I did want to change but I can later.

"I'll stay in this for now." Although I think he disagrees in his mind, he sighs and agrees with my answer "Is there an issue with me wearing this?"

"I just think that it's a bit showy for a tattoo shop. The guys in there are perverted enough, sometimes worse than the ones you find on the street. I didn't think you'd want the extra attention." He's right, attention is definitely not something I want. I could always wear a sweatshirt though.

"Now that I think about it, it's a little chilly out and I don't want to freeze."

"I have a sweatshirt in the car, are you ready to go?" That doesn't help the fact that my dress is short, but I guess I'll just try to ignore it. Hopefully I won't be outside for long.

"Yeah." He let's go of my hands and grabs his keys off the table, walking out the front door. I follow him and get into his car, leaning back in the seat. "What were you planning on getting?"

"You'll see." He says and pulls out of the driveway and into the street.

When we get to the shop, we walk in and he goes straight to the book with all of the designs in it. I stand next to him, looking down at the drawings. There's no one in here, I never thought I'd see a tattoo shop empty.

Louis walks over and talks to a man with short hair and tattoos all over his arms, much more than what Louis has. I continue to look through the book, trying to decide if I should get one or not. Another man comes from the back of the room and walks over to me.

"Are you planning on getting one?" He asks and I take a deep breath before answering him.

"Oh, why not."

He brings me over to the chair next to Louis, who's surprised to see me joining him. He reaches for my hand and grabs onto it. I squeeze his hand tightly, not paying attention to the man in front of me, and feel the needle in my foot before I can even realize what's happening. He got me ready so quickly, and I thought he would tell me he's ready or something like that.

I watch the ink spread across my skin, each movement hurting less and less. I guess you could say I find the pain kind of relieving, maybe that's why Louis has so many.

Mine ends up being finished before Louis', so I pay for mine and sit down on a chair to watch. What was he getting that was taking so long? Is he getting more than one? After a few minutes the man finally finishes up with Louis and brings him over to the counter to pay. He walks over to me as I stand up, looking up at him.

"I would have paid for yours." He says.

"I got it, thank you though." I smile back. "So what took you so long?" I ask as he looks down at my foot, searching for the new tattoo. It isn't much, but it's something that I've been thinking about for a while.

He lifts up his shirt sleeve slightly to show his. I didn't think he had any more room on his arms for tattoos but I guess he did.