six

Louis

"What made you choose a rose?" Grace asks again as soon as we get into the car. She hasn't stopped since she saw what I got.

"No reason, I just liked it." I say. she must not understand that every tattoo has a reasoning behind it, that sometimes people just get one because they want to.

"Okay." She nods quietly and stares out the window. Part of me expects her to go on about the reasoning behind hers, but she doesn't.

I pull the car out of the lot and into the street, then look over to see Grace leaning her head on the window with her eyes closed. I wonder if she was waiting for me to ask what the meaning behind her tattoo was, but I don't like to push for answers for anyone. Tattoos can have personal reasons sometimes, and I know how annoying it can be when people question them.

....

Grace and her questions about my tattoo's meaning are all I'm able to think about for the next few days. Is she one of those girls that got one that means strength? I honestly would be surprised, she kinda seems like the type of girl that would do that.

What would she need strength for though? What's happened to her that's so bad? I really hope that I'm just overthinking, I have a bad habit of doing that.

Now I feel like one of those people that doesn't stop questioning meanings. I can't stop thinking about it though, it won't leave my mind. I try desperately to think of other things but it doesn't work.

I need to get this off my mind. I pull my phone out of my pocket and text Harry, hoping for a distraction. He doesn't answer, so I go through my phone in hopes to find someone to talk to.

I dial Niall's number and call him, he answers right away. He asks me to come over, which I gladly agree to. I need to get out of this house and do something, I can't sit around this house all day.

When I arrive at Niall's house, he lets me right in and I look around only to find out he already has guests. Great, just what I wanted. To see Harry and all the other boys. I thought Niall was alone, and we were just going to sit around and watch TV or something like that, but I was clearly wrong.

"Louis! I wasn't expecting to see you here!" Harry says from behind me. Is he really drunk this early in the day?

I really don't want to get into a discussion with him about what happened the other night at my house, but I have a feeling he'll bring it up.

"I wasn't exactly expecting to see you either..." I give him a fake smile and look over at Niall, who's gives me a sympathetic look and mouths 'sorry.' I roll my eyes and walk over to him.

"Thanks for telling me you had company."

"I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting everyone to be here all at once. I thought they were coming over later but they all showed up not too long ago." Niall says.

If anyone else did this, I'd think they did it to piss me off. But Niall wouldn't do that, I'm sure he's telling the truth. I nod and walk over to the couch, sitting down. Harry follows me and sits right on top of me. I'm almost positive he's drunk, although his normal attitude is pretty strange.

"Harry I need some space." I try to push his large body off me. He won't budge and I push him harder. "Dammit Harry, you're suffocating me!" He finally moves and looks over at me.

"Who ruined your day?"

"No one ruined my day, I'd just like to be able to breathe." He rolls his eyes at me and pulls out his phone. He really can be an asshole sometimes.

I pull out my phone too, checking my messages. I've already been here for about an hour and I've done absolutely nothing. Harry's the only one left in the room, although I wish he would have gone outside with Niall and the others. I should get ahold of Grace, we haven't talked since the day at the tattoo shop. I wonder if she's waiting for me to call her, or if she doesn't want to talk.

Harry's voice interrupts me from my thoughts, which I'm slightly thankful for. "I saw your sister the other day.." He says, looking down at his hands. His voice sounds nervous, which isn't like him.

What could he be so nervous about that includes my sister? He has a girlfriend. Why would he see my sister anyway? She hasn't bothered to visit me in almost two years.

"And?"

"We just talked.. She sent me a message from Grace's phone." What the hell? Why does she want to talk to him? "She wanted me to think that Lexi's new drinking problem is because of me."

It probably is his fault, he drinks a lot around her. But what does my sister have to do with any of this? Why would she care, she doesn't care about anyone but herself.