Chapter 2 Schoolin'

Dedication goes to my wonderful fan KiaraRedVelvet-KakezHopkins thanks for your support!

Chapter 2

The one he pointed out as Dominic looked familiar to me but I couldn't pinpoint where I had seen him before. There was just something oddly familiar about him. Maybe it was just the fact that he is damn hot in his black uniform. It fits his nice and snug. Shaking that thought out of my head. I responded, "So I am being babysat by professional cops and in return your team gets a hefty sum of money at their disposal; how convenient. If we are done here I have had a very long week and intend to get some rest in a real bed with real sheets and a real pillow. So please excuse me."

I cannot believe Doris and Cliff would do this to me. With the understanding that my parents left them in charge I still think they are taking this too far. Good grief, I am an adult now. The realization I probably need a bodyguard to go away from the house is completely understood because of my recent mess up but I mean 24 hours a day is ridiculous. Totally lost in my thoughts I was jolted out of them by a large hand reaching the door knob to my bedroom as I was reaching for it.

"If you don't mind I would rather do my job and avoid you being murdered in your bedroom, miss," His rough, sexy southern drawl of a voice reverberated. Realizing I really have no choice in the matter I just nod and wait for him as he raised his side arm and entered my room he checked every nook and cranny. Then he turned to me and guffawed.

"What?" I demanded at the amused look on his face.

"Not exactly the color scheme I would've considered for a crackhead, even a rich one," He said with utter distaste as the amused look disappeared. Like even the mere thought of my presence in this house made him physically ill. I guess my white walls with a baby blue ceiling with painted puffy clouds were too innocent for his liking for the likes of me.

"Bite my ass!" I responded to his insult. Who does he think is? I guess he is better than me because he thinks I am a junkie. Yeah I have been in a couple of fights and I have stolen a few minor things but I am sure as hell no crackhead. He just shook his head at me and mumbled something about no good, bored rich girls. Man he is really clueless for supposedly being a law man and all.

Being in my room was so comforting; the bed so soft and the room smelled like lavender. I guess after being in a smelly jail cell one would be thankful for the little things in life like the absence of that horribly pungent scent of the county jail.

On my way to the shower, I grabbed some comfy pajamas which I have missed greatly the past week. After my long hot, soothing shower I dressed in my feather soft pjs and flounced onto my king-sized bed with fluffy comforter and fell asleep before I even managed to cover myself up.

The next day I awoke to our maid, Stacey, opening my drapes. Groaning and moaning I rolled out of bed and asked her if that was necessary.

"Miss I have been asked to wake you for the day because you need to get to school," she said.

"If they had just let me live on campus in the dorms this wouldn't be a problem," I said more to myself than to the maid. My mood was very dark this morning and I was in not willing to deal with the smack team as I was beginning to think of them. They talked a lot of smack but really they were just here to collect their paycheck like everyone else.

Seeing as I am in trouble already, I decided to appease Doris by wearing some of the clothes she had bought for me, which I hated. These clothes consisted of an ankle length light blue skirt and a white blouse with a pastel pink sweater. Although, I did manage to throw in the mix my favorite Black ballet flats. To complete the look I put my hair in a high ponytail and curled my bangs in a one swoop curl. Yep, this should make her happy.