Chapter 25- The End

This is the final installment of Ria. I hope you have enjoyed it and I am sad it has come to an end!

========================================================================

Chapter 25

Dom’s POV

I followed dad to his office and once I closed the door he barraged me with questions.

“What the hell are you doing son? That girl is your job! Do you realize that by having a relationship with her you are endangering her very safety?!” he yelled.

“Whoa old man slow down. First, no one can protect my woman better than I can myself! Second, she means more to me than any job ever could. Third and finally I know what the hell I am doing. I am going to ask that girl to marry me!” I yelled back. 

Dad flinched like I had burnt him with my words. He looked at me concerned and angry. I know he was angry because he felt it was unethical for me to have relationship with Ria. But I have lost a lot in my lifetime and I refuse to let my one chance at true love walk out of my life.

“You are going to marry her?” he asked.

“Yes I am that is if she will have me,” I responded. Dad’s posture straightened and he slapped me on the shoulder and shook my hand.

“Congratulations son take me out there to get to know my new daughter then,” he said happily.

Whew! I breathed a sigh of relief. I wouldn’t want my family to be against Ria and I being together because I love my family but I love Ria more.

We walked back into the kitchen to see Ria and mom crying and Tom looking panicky and helpless.

As I ran to Ria dad ran to mom.

I took her into my arms. “What’s the matter baby?” I begged of her.

“Nothing it’s just I am so happy,” she said to me. Damn these people are killing me with all this emotional crap today.

“Okay,” I said slowly. After a few minutes of trying to calm Ria and my mother down everyone was back to our normal. The doorbell rang from the foyer. My father went to see who was at the door. Suddenly, a little tornado called Eli came running into the kitchen.

“Riri! I missed you so much! Did you bring the princess books? Did you?” Eli squealed as she launched herself at Ria. Quickly Ria caught her up into a hug.

“I’m sorry but I didn’t think you were going to be here. Someone,” Ria said looking obviously in my direction only to have Eli look at me to. “Told me you weren’t going to be here tonight. How should we punish you brother for that?” Ria asked. Eli’s face lit up like the fourth of July. She leaned over to whisper something to Ria and whatever it was made her giggle like she was a pre-schooler too. Seeing them together like that made me want a family of my own; Ria waiting for me to come home with a baby on her hip. That’s my idea of heaven.