;thirteen

If you thought Hoseok and Minhyuk were nut jobs, you have no idea how the others have been.

The other members weren't necessarily as crazed as Minhyuk and Hoseok, but they were not coping any better.

Let's start off with the youngest, shall we?

So Lim Changkyun.

He's a rapper. He's young, and he enjoys his life.

He's far from his family, sure, but his Monsta X family is the best temporary family he could ever ask for.

If you recall, Changkyun's had a rough past when it came to the idol life.

His debut with another group fell through, and the left the maknae hopeless and upset.

He thought that was his only chance to debut.

You'd never understand how grateful he was when No Mercy accepted him so late into the show. No one ever would.

And maybe, maybe no one would also ever understand how isolated, lonely and distant Changkyun had felt when none of his current band members wanted to be with him.

He joined so late into the show, there was even a nagging voice in his own head telling him that he didn't belong. He didn't work as hard or as long as the other people around him, it didn't feel right to be placed between them.

But being an idol... Performing and creating music for people to love, God that was Changkyun's dream.

It's been his dream for the longest time.

It's been crushed once, and he wasn't going to let it happen again.

Which is why he put up with it. He put up with the cold and lonely environment for the longest time until they were guaranteed a debut and even after.

It was hard, to say at least. Very difficult.

There was already an age gap between Changkyun and the rest of his members, two year difference between him and Jooheon.

But Changkyun dealt with it.

And in the end; it really did pay off.

One by one, all his hyungs warmed up to him, learned about what a soft and sensitive boy he was.

One by one, they all felt guilty for treating Changkyun the way they did. For the longest time they were trying to make up for it.

But even after hearing that Changkyun accepted their apologies, all the hyungs would always still feel guilt eat away at the bottom of their hearts.

Minhyuk felt it because he shouldn't have excluded Changkyun from all the fun activities he planned for the group. It was for the group, he doesn't understand how at one point in his life, he ever though that excluding Changkyun was better than having him around.

Hyungwon because he should've done something the many times he's heard, and sometimes seen, Changkyun cry by himself, muttering things about missing his home. Because at least at home, he felt wanted.

Hoseok because as someone who claimed himself to be a 'protector', he failed to defend that title when he first met Changkyun. In the beginning, Changkyun was someone who Hoseok didn't care about, despite who he is. Why? Simply because Hoseok saw the youngest as a threat. It's so immature when he thinks about it now.

Hyunwoo because of course he naturally would feel horrible. He's the oldest, does it even make sense if he doesn't make sure everyone around him is happy and fine? He sure didn't when he noticed Changkyun having multiple days where he seemed glum and just sad.