Special Chapter #1

"HAVE A HOLY JOLY CHRISTMAS!"

"I don't think so."

"You know what, maybe this is why people don't like you."

"Shut up," Kihyun scolds, smacking the back of Minhyuk's head. "Everyone likes him."

"Ha," Jooheon dryly says to Minhyuk.

"Ha," the older boy mocks, giving the rapper his middle finger when no one was looking.

"Anyways, don't shun Jooheon. Get into the Christmas spirit!" Kihyun says, aggressively agreeing with Jooheon's previous chant.

To be completely honest, only Jooheon and Kihyun were the ones who completely let themselves get immersed into the holiday vibe. Hoseok was occasionally included in their cringe festivities.

"Before I met you guys, I used to love Christmas." Hyungwon starts, coming into the living room with a big box filled with ornaments and Christmas tree trimmings. "But then I learned that Jooheon is loud and that Kihyun won't shut up."

Minhyuk nods, completely, one hundred percent agreeing with the younger one on his point.

"I mean, I appreciate your cooking during the holidays, bless your soul Kihyunnie, but you don't shut the fuck up." Minhyuk sighs, patting Kihyun's shoulder as he walks out of the living room. "Great things could've came your way."

Kihyun rolls his eyes, because Minhyuk is talking bullshit, as per usual, and glares at the slightly older boy before turning back to the box Hyungwon brought in.

"Who wants to help me?" The main vocalist asks enthusiastically, turning his sparkling eyes around to see that, yes, everyone had left him.

No one was there to see, but Kihyun's smile slowly fell off his lips. He tried to neutralize his facial expression before anyone could notice; he didn't want anyone to feel bad.

"I'll help you," the maknae's deep voice calls out, smiling assuringly at the elder boy. "Come on, let's get started."

"You can't decorate the tree without me!" Jooheon's bright, loud, voice calls out, walking in with a second box of trimmings.

And just like that, the two maknaes managed to put the smile back onto Kihyun's face.

"What colour theme?" Jooheon has asked once they separated all the ornaments and trimmings by colour.

The only colours they had to choose from were green, blue, gold, silver and red.

"I vote blue, gold and silver," Changkyun suggests. "There's enough of those trimmings as well."

"I'm cool with that," Jooheon agrees, turning to Kihyun, since he held the final verdict.

"Let's do it!"

And so the three of them got to work.

It was like this every year, Kihyun and Jooheon decorating the tree with the help of a different member each time.

It only took them about two hours to complete the task of decorating the tree, when all three boys worked diligently.

"I'll put the boxes away," Changkyun announces once they're done trimming the tree. He smiles at his handiwork fondly before picking up a box. "Help me with the other?" He asks Jooheon, who nods and picks up the second box.

Before they can get far enough, Kihyun notices a shiny object in the box Jooheon was carrying, his eyes widening because he can't believe he almost forgot it.

"The star!" He exclaims, running up to the second maknae and grabbing the decently sized star.

"Hm, good eye," Changkyun observes, continuing his way out the living room to put the box away.