;twelve

EXO's dorm had five bedrooms.

Rooming arrangements were;

Jongdae and Minseok, Jongin and Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, Junmyeon and Yixing, while Sehun got a room to himself. Maknae privileges.

"Since I don't know the next time I'll ever see Kihyun again, he's sleeping with me. Junmyeon you're kicked out," Yixing declares, throwing an arm over Kihyun's shoulders, steering them towards the direction of his room.

Sehun would never admit it, but he didn't not mind, at all, sharing a room (and bed) with his Junmyeon hyung for a night.

"I don't have clothes hyung," Kihyun embarrassingly admits, and the Chinese man chuckles before tossing Kihyun one of his white shirts and some basketball shorts.

"Hope you don't mind that they'll be quite big on you," Yixing informs, and well, what could Kihyun do? Ask to borrow Minseok's clothes because he was closest to his size? He's already lucky that Junmyeon let him stay the night, he didn't want to push it.

"Body pillow or...?" Yixing trails off, not knowing if he should put the bolster between them or not.

Yes Yixing and Junmyeon's room had one bed. Both of them liked to cuddle when they slept so having two beds was a waste.

"Screw the bolster hyung, it's not like I haven't seen you naked or anything before," the younger says, rolling his eyes as he plops himself down onto the bed, the feeling of being alien vanishing.

"Hey I was just being a gentleman! You have a boyfriend after all," Yixing says in his defence, proceeding to turn off the lights before getting under the blanket himself. "And for the record, I was four and you were one, it doesn't mean anything."

Yeah. Yixing and Kihyun go way back.

Kihyun's parents used to have a lot of business meetings in China when he was younger, and the child got to tag along.

Since his grandmother lived in China, he got to stay at her house while his parents were out.

His grandmother's neighbours had a little boy Kihyun immediately grew attached to once they met.

And that little Chinese boy was no other than Zhang Yixing.

They went so far back that Kihyun thought it was ridiculous that nowadays they don't spend that much time together.

"You know I miss spending time with you," Kihyun mumbles, laying on his side so he could face Yixing. Even if his eyes weren't completely focused since it was dark, it was enough.

"Yeah, it's been a while hasn't it?" Yixing sighs, also realizing how long it's been since he and Kihyun have had one on one time.

"Six year's hyung..."

"Six years? No! Really?" Yixing gasps, not believing Kihyun, because six years? For real?

"I missed you a lot, if you didn't know," the younger male explains, toying with the comforter. "It's nice to be with you again."

Yixing was such a pure person.

In Kihyun's mind, he was for sure the kindest person he's ever met. It wouldn't be a lie if Kihyun said that he's never met someone as kind hearted as his Yixing hyung.

Even if they were separated most of their friendship, when they weren't far apart, Yixing made sure ever moment counted.

Kihyun's been so blessed to have Yixing as a friend, and it's crazy how they meet now; through award shows and while disguising themselves on the streets of Seoul because they're living the dreams they talked about when they kids.

"You're making me emotional KiKi," Yixing gasps, wiping away at the pathetic tears. He was just emotional because Kihyun's still the same fluffy, soft, adorable boy, and Yixing wonders if his friend has even grown. "It's nice having you here right now."

Honestly, that night was one of the most comforting nights Kihyun's ever had.

——

"Don't make me flip my shit. I'll castrate you and I won't regret it," Minhyuk hisses, flipping Hoseok off as he continues to scrap off burnt egg from the bottom of the frying pan.

"Takeout," Hoseok simply says, putting a hand on Minhyuk's shoulder to calm the younger down. "I'll order takeout," he whispers.

As Hoseok was waiting for the restaurant to pick up, Minhyuk turns to him with hopeful eyes.

"Order... Order a little Yoo Kihyun too," he whispers, and Hoseok looks at him, nodding because yes.

Yes.

They needed a little Yoo Kihyun at home too.

You can clearly see that Minhyuk and Hoseok have lost it.

__________

wHAT HAVE I DONE my heart is soFT FOR KIHYUN AND YIXING