;fifteen

Waking up with Kihyun in his arms has always been one of Hyunwoo's favourite things in life.

He liked the feeling of knowing he kept his boyfriend safe and warm throughout the whole night, and he takes pride in it.

What he loves even more than that, is when Kihyun starts to wake up in his arms.

It always starts out cute. With Kihyun fluttering his soft doe like eyes open, the first thing he sees being Hyunwoo's chest. But then when he lets his eyes trail upwards, he's met with the face he adores so much.

After his eyes are open, Kihyun is yawning and scrunching up his nose at the gush of cold wind that'd hit him because Hyunwoo always sleeps with the window open.

"You make it cold," he'd complain, everyday, as if he hadn't said the exact same words the day before.

"I keep you warm." Hyunwoo would reply, and that was how the conversation ended.

When Hyunwoo woke up this morning however, Kihyun wasn't in his arms.

That should've been a sign to tell him that their day would already be a roller coaster.

But the leader hadn't caught on, which was why he proceeded to go to the bathroom and get ready just like any normal day.

Thankfully, that went smoothly.

But he found it quite odd how the dorm was so quiet.

Hyunwoo was never the first one to wake up, it was always Kihyun. Contrary to popular belief, Kihyun did not wake Hyunwoo up first after him, rather last.

The leader didn't think that his boyfriend had woken up the rest of the members, since he didn't know if everything was back to normal, but waking up to a quiet dorm when you live with the boys of Monsta X is slightly concerning.

After quickly changing his clothes into something more comfortable for dance practice, since that's what the band will the doing for most of the day, Hyunwoo starts walking to the living room.

As he passes through the corridor, it truly is concerning how quiet the rooms are. For sure; they're closed, but you couldn't even hear breathing; which had Hyunwoo questioning how late or how early he woke up today.

But all his questions are answered when he enters the passage from the kitchen to the dining room to be greeted with everyone sitting around the table. Including Kihyun.

But no one was talking, they were simply sitting. As if they were waiting for the leader, which they were to be honest.

"This is giving me All In vibes," Hyunwoo jokes, trying to lighten the atmosphere, which seemed thick with tension, and for good reason.

"Sit," Kihyun mumbles quietly, gently cocking his head towards the empty seat beside him.

The leader complies and sits down, between Kihyun and Jooheon.

"So..." He starts, puffing his cheeks.

No one said anything though.

Hyunwoo was asking himself how long they were just going to sit here and not speak.

"Guys don't be so awkward, we're all friends," the leader tries, trying his best because even he is slightly uncomfortable. But he shouldn't show it, he's the leader, the supposed support beam of the group. He couldn't show a waver.

Someone clears their throat, it was Kihyun, and suddenly everyone's eyes are on him, watching him shift uncomfortably for a while before clearing his throat for a second time. A few seconds after that, and Kihyun opens his mouth.