;sixteen

"I'm not going anywhere," Kihyun giggles, a sound which Hyunwoo is not ashamed to admit that he tremendously missed.

"This is because I didn't get a goodnight or good morning kiss from you," Hyunwoo explains, continuing to assault his boyfriend's face with numerous pecks.

Kihyun could pretend like the didn't like it.

But they were in the confinement of their own room.

So Kihyun openly admitted that he liked it.

The ticklish feeling he means.

Because in what world, alone or not, would Kihyun admit that he just liked the general idea of being showered with kisses?

I mean, everyone already knew, but for his pride he never said it himself.

"Stop~ Go get dressed, we have practice," Kihyun mutters, gently attempting to push Hyunwoo away.

Key word: attempting.

"Funny, but last time I checked, practice started at 7:00pm, and it's only 5:00pm. How does that work?"

"Don't bully me," Kihyun whines, successfully squirming out from under Hyunwoo's body. "Or you might just be sleeping on the couch."

Hyunwoo sometimes hates how Kihyun has authority over him when deciding who sleeps on the couch. Well, to be honest Hyunwoo doesn't have authority to begin with, of course he accepts his fate and sleeps on the couch, because how could he let Kihyun sleep out there?

Hyunwoo adjusts his position so that he's laying down on his back with his hands behind his head.

The leader was about to say something, but then their door creaked open, and in came their maknae.

"Kyun? What do you need?" Kihyun asks, turning to his, shh, favourite dongsaeng.

The maknae looked tired, completely exhausted in you will, and Hyunwoo just had to ask,

"Why aren't you resting?"

"You look dead tired," Kihyun adds, going up to Changkyun to rub at his cheeks. "Go take a nap."

Changkyun shakes his head.

"I can't sleep. Jooheon hyung is snoring," Changkyun sighs, somewhat leaning into the affectionate touch Kihyun never fails to provide for him.

Kihyun sighs before smiling sympathetically, moving one hand off of Changkyun's face while the other slides down to his back.

"Sleep with hyung, Hyunwoo was about to nap anyways," the second oldest in the room suggests, pushing Changkyun towards the bed.

"You're sleeping too," Hyunwoo states, pointing a finger at Kihyun. "I can't sleep if you don't."

"Endearing," the younger feigns, putting a hand to his heart. "But I'm not sleeping."

"Ki-"

"Hyung will castrate you," Changkyun mumbles from his blanket cocoon. "Don't talk back to him."

Kihyun coos, gushing over the youngest.

"Hyunwoo, he's more educated than you are," he brags, sending a smirk in the leader's direction before exiting the room, letting those two sleep.

After shutting the door and setting an alarm on his phone for when to wake those two up, Kihyun pads to the kitchen, sock clad feet making little to no sound.

He was surprised to say at least when he noticed that the kitchen wasn't empty, like it usually was.

In the kitchen, reading on their phone, with a lot of different ingredients sprawled across the counter, was Minhyuk.

Kihyun didn't say anything for a while, he simply watched the older boy bite his lip and furrow his eyebrows as he reads something off of his phone.

"How do you fold the egg whites in?" He mutters to himself, the question seeming to make his awfully distressed.

"You don't stir it, you scoop, bringing the bottom to the top," Kihyun explains, pushing himself off of the wall he was leaning against.

He sees how Minhyuk jumps, the older boy thinking he was alone.  

"What're you making?" The younger asks, choosing not to comment on how jumpy Minhyuk was.

Sheepishly, Minhyuk puts his phone down.

"I-I don't know actually," he stutters, his cheeks taking on a pink tint at just how embarrassing what he's doing actually is.

Kihyun doesn't say anything, he was waiting for Minhyuk to continue, seeing as he looked liked he had more to say.

"I want to help," Minhyuk sighs, looking up to look the shorter in the eyes. "I want to be able to help you when you cook. You know, so you don't have to do it all alone," he explains, seeming to lose his confidence halfway through.

A wave of emotions hit Kihyun right then and there.

Never, not once, has anyone learned how to do anything in order to help him.

Sure, on multiple occasions, he'd receive help from other members, but that was after he thoroughly explained how to do things.

And he appreciates it, of course he does, he loves how they at least think about the tasks that he does in the dorm.

But his Minhyuk hyung... Is learning in order to help him?

Kihyun would never voice it, but sometimes he feels burdened when he knows that he's in charge of the health of these six boys at their dorm.

He's the only who can cook without getting someone killed, and sometimes it's burdening knowing that if he wasn't around, or if he just didn't cook that day, the boys would either get sick or rely heavily on takeout.

It seems like something so small, it seems really pathetic when you think about it, but for Kihyun... It really means a lot.

"I swear I won't burn the kitchen to flames! I'm sorry if you don't want me-" Minhyuk starts apologizing once he notices that Kihyun's eyes fill to the brim with tears just threatening to spill, and he swears that's not what he wants.

But then the younger one is latching into him, shutting him up completely. 

And it's confirmed for Minhyuk that Kihyun is crying when he feels the warm liquid seep through the barrier of his thin t-shirt, soaking the fabric and his chest.

"Hyung," Kihyun croaks our brokenly, so touched by his hyung's actions. Some might say a bit too touched. "T-Thank you."

Truth be told, Minhyuk had felt horrible about how he didn't know how Kihyun was feeling about the whole predicament, which they had already patched up.

He knows that he's always the one which is a little more work than the rest, he knows that he annoys Kihyun the most.

And even though most times it's lighthearted, Minhyuk can't deny the few times where he saw the real rage and the real annoyance in his dongsaeng's eyes.

It's for those reasons that he wants to make it up to Kihyun.

He can't live knowing that as the person who causes most of Kihyun's problems, he didn't help in the end.

Simply smiling and rubbing up and down the younger's back, Minhyuk speaks.

"No problem Ki."

__________

jjp is the shit