;twenty four

"What's that?" Changkyun asks, sitting down next to Kihyun on the living room couch.

The maknae noticed a blue book looking object in his hyung's hands and got curious.

For all he knows, it could be a good physics book, or a journal full of either Kihyun's or some other member's deep dark secrets.

"Just a book," Kihyun replies, stepping on all of Changkyun's fantasies. "It's very interesting if I'm honest."

Changkyun scoffs.

"That kind of shit puts me to sleep," he says, rolling his eyes.

"One day, you'll like it," Kihyun smirks, as if he knew something Changkyun doesn't.

——

And Kihyun knew something Changkyun didn't.

Because it was merely a week later, just a week after Changkyun found Kihyun with that book, that he was found in this predicament.

"Hyung?" The maknae says sleepily, slumping down beside the older boy, leaning his head into his shoulder. "Can't sleep."

"Can't sleep Kyun?" Kihyun smirks, throwing an arm around the maknae who curls into him. "I have just the thing for you..."

And so then Kihyun begins to read his boring but interesting book, enunciating each word slowly to emphasize the sheer boringness of it. Or, so that Changkyun would find it boring.

And well, let's just say that Changkyun really wasn't exaggerating when he said that book could put him to sleep.

Only a mere three minutes into reading the third chapter, Changkyun was out like a light, soft snores leaving his slightly parted lips.

"Ridiculous," Kihyun chuckles, brushing a few bangs out of Changkyun's forehead. "Our ridiculous maknae..."

"I wake up and you're not in bed. That's concerning Kihyunnie, stop playing me, I'm not your damn violin," Hyunwoo mutters while sleepily walking into the living room.

"Shh," Kihyun shushes, tsking at Hyunwoo's audacity before patting Changkyun's back. "He's sleeping."

Realization dawns on the leader and he nods slowly, mouth forming an 'o' shape before he's sitting down on the other side of Changkyun.

"I'll get him to bed," Hyunwoo offers, eyeing the sleeping maknae, a slight smile twitching onto his lips, because, he wasn't going to lie, but seeing Kihyun be like this with Changkyun just made him think that they were just like a little family.

"Hm. You do that," Kihyun whispers, answering Hyunwoo. He gently shifts Changkyun into Hyunwoo's bigger, more suitable arms before stretching his legs, resembling a cat to Hyunwoo.

The eldest in the room then takes Changkyun away into his room, tucking him in properly before leaving, going back to Kihyun, who was sleepily flipping through a few pages of his book.

"Hyung," he starts, closing the book and patting the spot beside him on the couch. Hyunwoo takes a seat, quietly waiting for Kihyun to continue. "Changkyun says that this book is boring," he chuckles, motioning to the book with his hand. "But it's honestly the most interesting one I've ever read."

Hyunwoo tsks and then chuckles a little, because if he remembers something from their debut days, it's that Kihyun likes the worst kind of books.

"The books you read are boring, not gonna lie," Hyunwoo admits, watching how the little smile on Kihyun's face turns into a frown.

"You're awfully mean," Kihyun mumbles, tossing the book onto the coffee table.

"But," Hyunwoo starts again, bringing a hand out to card through Kihyun's hair. "It doesn't matter what I think. Because I'm not reading it." Hyunwoo shrugs, moving the hand down to cup Kihyun's cheek.

"You should tell Changkyun that. Our maknae bullies me about my horrible taste in just about everything all the time," Kihyun complains, closing his eyes at the comfort and warmth of his boyfriend's hand.

"Well I mean," the older boy starts, sucking in a sharp breath. "You have a good enough taste to choose me."

Kihyun snorts lowly at that, opening his tired eyes slowly.

"Someone would be an idiot to deny you," he whispers, and suddenly the playful aura around the two of them is no longer there, instead replaced with a soft, comforting and loving atmosphere.

Hyunwoo's eyes soften, and he's suddenly slowly, painlessly pinching Kihyun's cheek.

"Hyung what the hell," Kihyun whines, moving his face to free himself from Hyunwoo's claw like hand.

Hyunwoo chuckles, soothing over the now slightly red spot with his hand.

"Kihyunnie," the older boy starts, moving closer to his lover.

Kihyun's sleepy eyes visibly widen a bit, and he's tempted to lean back, but before he can, Hyunwoo places a hand around the back of the younger's neck.

Hyunwoo pulls Kihyun close, and out of instinct the latter closes his eyes, almost sighing out loud when his lips come in contact with Hyunwoo's.

They stay like that for a while, kissing softly and enjoying the quiet and peacefulness that they're rarely gifting with, seeing as they live with the others.

After some time, Kihyun wraps his arms around Hyunwoo's shoulders, while the older boy's hands slide down to rest near Kihyun's hip.

After Hyunwoo deems that Kihyun is completely melted, he pulls away, opening his eyes just in time to see Kihyun softly opening his.

The leader smiles affectionately down at the younger, coming closer again.

Kihyun thinks Hyunwoo's gonna kiss him again, so he's surprised when the elder simply brushed their noses together.

"I love you Kihyun," Hyunwoo whispers, kissing the corner of his boyfriend's mouth.

And Kihyun didn't think it was possible, but then he melts more.

"I love you too Hyunwoo hyung."

This time it was Kihyun who initiated the kiss, leaving Hyunwoo to smile as they stay there, for who knows how long.

__________

only a few more chapters left.