2.

3:30 PM
Same Day

     Nyx was now on break with a plastic fork in her hand, she stared at the what she'd ordered in the food court. It was a side of sushi, a platter of coconut jumbo shrimp glazed with honey and hazelnuts on top of white rice. She usually got Popeyes or Auntie Anne's but she was feeling fancy.

      As she plunged her fork into the first shrimp she saw nearing it to her mouth, she could literally taste the heat and smell the sweet aroma of honey. Not a second before she was able to put it into her mouth her fork was rudely snatched out of her small fingers.

    "Bitch what the fuck-" She began to say as she turned to see who took her food from her. When she saw Pri's ugly ass chewing her food she wasn't surprised. He took the seat right across from her and stared at her food as if he was gonna dog her entire plate.

       "You not gon eat all that food." He told her still holding her fork.

    "Actually I am, fat ass. Would you be a sweetheart and bring me a new fork since you put your mouth on mine." She stated as she intensely stared at him. She wanted to know why he was so nice to her. Was this what he did to other women he wanted to fuck? Nyx doubted it women literally threw themselves at him, he didn't have to go through the trouble of etiquette to get pussy. So what was his intentions with her? She hated that she didn't know.

    "What's wrong with my mouth?" He said smirking, he leaned in his seat as to make himself more comfortable.

     "Don't set yourself up. You know that was too easy. Can you please bring me a new fork?" She asked once again, watching him move to stand and get her a new fork.

       wHaTs WrOnG wItH mY- his dumbass knew what the fuck was wrong, she thought to herself.

      She continued not saying much yet taking in her environment. Mall, Food Court, Public Area. She narrowed down the options that either fans of this man would spot them or he would make their presence known himself, by going live. He loved social media, hell he loved the attention he got. He was an attention whore and proud. Pri came back with her new fork and extended it to her. As she grabbed the fork from him, she noticed his knuckles were bruised she softly grabbed his hand staring at the discoloration in his hand. She raised her eyes to him as a way of asking him what happened non-verbally.

    "Fight with my roommate." Pri started.

    "Why?" She continued.

"Well, he was saying slick shit to me. And I decided to bring it to his attention that his mother liked being recorded and that his girlfriend's nudes were cute, so he got mad and tried to throw my ps4 controller at me-" He stopped himself from speaking due to Nyx's landlord calling her, he heard the phone vibrating.

    Nyx picked up the phone answering, "Hello...Yes Ms. Rogers, this is Nyx...Im already paying 1 thou for rent, how are you increasing- you know what...ok I understand. Goodbye." Nyx hung up her phone. She was just informed that her rent would be increased to $3,000 per month. She grew irritated on the inside about this, she made about $3,000 with all her jobs combined. Initially, $1,000 went to her rent, $120 for the phone bill, $600 for her car note, $100 for her car insurance, and $225 for cable and wifi. She budgeted her money but with the $2,000 increase she knew that would mean she'd have to get another job. Nyx already worked at the mall, she also did CNA work at a hospital, she worked at a homeless shelter on the weekends, and she did hair at a salon. She never stopped working. One day off for one job was a work day for another. But even with all those jobs she didn't have a source of income to be paying no $3,000 rent.