12.

6:45 AM

    Dear Nyx,

    Hello! This is Anna Wintour DBE, Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Magazine. We would  be  honored to have someone of your beauty to be this month's face of Vogue! We are aware that you lack modeling experience and that's perfectly fine. I do not make mistakes so I believe that you would be the best candidate for this month's issue. This month's theme is individuality also meaning that the model gets to pick how they want to run this photoshoot. I would love to see your creativity. The only requirement we have for this photoshoot is for your idea to be completely authentic and 100% yours. If interested please contact me at the same email within the next 24 hours.

Editor-In-Chief
Anna Wintor DBE.

   Nyx stared at the message in disbelief, she didn't think she would ever get that far by being pretty. She thanked God for the opportunity that was being opened to her before responding to the email.

         In the middle of her response the screen changed showing that she was getting a call from her dad. She rolled her eyes before answering the call without putting her face in the camera. You could only see her brows and bonnet.

         "Nyx, I know I ain't been there the past year or so and I'm sorry...I love you but at the same time I loved my pride more. I had to realize the way you act is just a reflection of me and the shit you mad at me over makes sense...I just ain't know how to address it." Milanzo began to explain himself and Nyx grew interested in his words, "When Nixon died I didn't think about the fact that it happened in front of you...that the life I wanted for me and my son would affect my babygirl. I never wanted that constant fear of being followed and killed to haunt you."

        Nyx grew tears in her eyes as he spoke to her she put the phone down onto her bed to wipe the tears away before they fell.

        "You..you know I love you more than anything. I thought that giving you tough love after that would harden your shell and it did but it only made you resent me. I wanna rebuild our relationship and I hope you agree it took ya momma a lot of convincing for me to put my pride aside." He ended before taking a deep breath.

       "I do wanna fix our relationship. I just wanna know, what made you think about this?" Nyx wondered what caused his change in heart. They were both very stubborn and hated to admit their wrongdoings.

"When I was with Ray, he told me his biggest fear was losing his daughter. My biggest fear was losing any of my kids. I lost Nixon physically and I feel like I'm losing you mentally and emotionally. I don't wanna be your rival, I just wanna be a better father." Milanzo explained to her and Nyx nodded at his words feeling that for once her father had come to his senses.

"Ok. I appreciate this and I apologize for how I overreacted...you didn't deserve the extra things I did, especially when you were just misled. Where's my mother?" Nyx asked so that she could extend her apology to her as well since she treated her mother just as bad.

"She bout to suck the hair off my balls." Her father told her and Nyx immediately hung up. She sent a quick text to her father telling him to tell her mother she was sorry before she laid back into her bed. She sighed knowing she had to get up sooner or later since she had somewhere to be soon.

Nyx got up about 15 minutes later after she played on her phone to do what she needed hygiene-wise. She finished by applying a lemon and coconut exfoliating mask on her face that Sapphire made for her.