Gone

21 ABY

Another disastrous training day for Ben Solo, 16. Only this time he had no problem with the rocks, but with an older student, Gael. They had been training with their recently built lightsabers and the older boy made a comment about Sara's white lightsaber and fighting technique, how she was fierce and strong in battle but so calm and collected when they weren't training, "I'd love to tame all that fierceness. It doesn't hurt that she's beautiful too," said Gael. Those words were enough to make Ben lose his control; he attacked his opponent with too much strength but not enough expertise, nearly cutting the boy's left hand off with his laser sword.

"Solo!" shouted Master Skywalker. "What do you think you're doing?!"

Many students ran to Gael's side, and so did their Master. But Sara ran towards Ben.

"What happened?" she asked in a low voice.

"He said things that... made me so angry and I... I lost control." Ben looked a little scared. "Did I cut his hand off?"

"I don't think so." Sara said, looking towards Gael. She held Ben's arm. "You can't do these things, Ben. The others will get scared of you." she lowered her voice even further. "Have you been hearing that voice again?" he nodded. Sara closed her eyes and sighed. "You can't..."

"I know." He interrupted. 

"Sara." Master Skywalker had approached them. "You can go to your cabin, I need to have a word with Ben." he looked at his nephew, and Sara could sense a mixture of fear and love in her Master's aura.

She left them alone and went to her cabin.

**********************************

Sara was getting ready to leave to go have dinner with the others when Ben entered her cabin.

"He knows it." he said, sitting on her bed.

"Who knows what?"

"My uncle... Master Luke, he knows about my conflict, he fears it."

"Did he say that?" she sat beside him.

"No, but I could see it in his eyes and in the way he spoke to me." he took her hand. "I don't think he knows what to do with me."

"I sensed his fear earlier too." she admitted. "Did you tell him about the voice you hear?"

"No. But I think he knows about it somehow."

"You should tell him."

"He wouldn't understand."

"He can help you, Ben."

"We've been here studying and training for six years, and he hasn't been able to help me so far. Why do you think telling him about the guiding-voice would be helpful?

"Guiding-voice?" she repeated, trying to understand the meaning he had given that strange voice. "You can't be serious. You're thinking of a strange man's voice that enters your head whenever you're alone as a guiding-voice?"

"Yes. He has helped me way more than my uncle." Ben got up from the bed and paced the small cabin.

"Can you hear that voice when you're with me?"

"You know I can't." he sounded annoyed.

"And don't you think that's strange — to say the least."

"Look," he stopped pacing to face her. "I know what you think that is. I understand your fears. But I can't see so much difference between Jedi and Sith."