Love

25 ABY

"Sara! He's here. Again." Maz's angry voice reached her.

Sara, 19,  was in the kitchen taking a big Roba pie out of the oven. She put the pie onto a table and leaned on that same table, closing her eyes, feeling very tired of that situation.

Maz appeared by the kitchen door, her augmented eyes staring daggers at Sara.

"I know, Maz." she replied. "I know he's here."

"You have to put an end to this! He can't keep on coming here every week. I hate to see you hiding in the kitchen! This situation is hurting you!"

"I know." Sara whispered, looking at the hot pie in front of her. For a year now Ben had been visiting the Castle weekly. On most of those nights, Sara just hid in the kitchen, but some nights she was needed out front to serve the tables or mix drinks on the counter – then she had to face him. In all of those nights she ended up against some wall of the Castle being deliciously ravished by him – usually after arguing about his poor judgment to make decisions.

"My dear. I can't forbid the Knights to come to the Castle, they are great clients and this is supposed to be neutral ground..." Maz continued, not as angry as before.

"I know. I know."

Sara walked to the kitchen door to look at him, unable to stop the warm feeling of anticipation that spread over her body. He sat on the corner table and removed his mask, as usual. She walked back into the kitchen.

Are you too busy? she heard his voice in her head, their bond had strengthened with his coming to see her often.

Yes. I'm afraid I won't be able to give you any attention tonight. she lied, slicing up the Roba pie. Maz was still looking at her, as if she knew Sara was talking to Ben.

I can wait. he said.

Sara closed her eyes, feeling her heart beat a little faster.

Let's stop whatever this is, Ben. Just leave, stop coming here. You're hurting me.

I can't stop. I need to see you. Let me just stay here, let me just look at you.

She smiled weakly.

Suit yourself. she answered.

And he kept his word: the whole night he did nothing but sit there, watching her every move, only entering her mind when she started dancing with Pete, an old smuggler and Maz's friend.

You'd better stop that. Sara heard Ben's voice in her head.

Why? I like to dance. And Pete is harmless. she smiled at Ben, purposely intensifying her dance moves, inciting him.

Old Pete put his right hand on her waist during the dance and suddenly dropped to the floor, unconscious.

What have you done? Sara silently shouted at Ben, while kneeling down by Pete to check him.

He's just asleep. Nothing to worry about. I asked you to stop.

You're insufferable!

And you like it.

Sara sighed, that was almost the truth: she didn't like him: she loved him.

She helped Maz wake Pete up and, once the man was deemed fine, the owner of the Castle looked at her, knowingly.

"This wasn't an accident, Sara."