A New Dawn

Inside the Supremacy

General Hux had been informed about Ren and his prisoner going to see Snoke and that fighting sounds were heard coming from the throne room, also that Snoke's personal space craft had left the hangar bay about fifteen minutes ago, but he had been too busy planning the attack on Crait – where they'd discovered the Resistance had looked for refuge inside an old Rebel-base – to go take a look immediately. So, once every part of the attack had been planned, he went looking for Kylo Ren to demand some explanation from him. But he couldn't find the annoying man anywhere, and the Knights of Ren had no idea of their commander's whereabouts. So Hux mustered up some courage and stepped into the elevator that would take him to Snoke's red room.

Expecting to find an angry Snoke, a wounded Ren, and a dead woman in there, when the elevator doors opened the scene of destruction he found instead took him by surprise; the Praetorian Guards lay on the floor, some with missing limbs, and said limbs lay somewhere around the room; his eyes fell onto the throne, where the bottom half of Snoke's body lay, the upper half had fallen onto the floor, by his own feet, eyes still open.

Hux walked a few more steps inside and found Kylo Ren on the floor. A smile began to form on his face. Please be dead. He thought. Be dead and this will become the happiest day of my life. He walked closer and noticed the man was only fainted, he could see his chest moving as he breathed. Hux reached out for his blaster.

_______________________

Ben sensed when Hux walked into the room and he felt the man's intention of killing him while he lay on the floor. So he staged a sudden awakening and stood up, looking confused.

"What happened here?" Hux asked, discreetly removing his hand from the blaster's hilt.

"The woman, my prisoner, she revealed her true self. She was a Gray Jedi. She killed Snoke and the guards and may have thought I was dead."

"She did all of this on her own?" Hux was not buying that.

"Yes. Haven't you ever heard of the Gray Jedi? They follow no rules!"

"Yes, but..."

"Where is she now?" Ben asked, pretending not to know.

"She stole Snoke's personal shuttle. She is probably going to Crait. The Resistance is there."

"Let's go after her. Send our army to Crait."

"You presume to control my army?" growled Hux. "Do you think I'll bow before you? Our Supreme Leader is dead!"

And suddenly he was being Force-choked by a furious Kylo Ren.

"Exactly. The Supreme Leader is dead!"

"Long live the new Supreme Leader." said Hux, still being choked.

_______________________

As soon as they'd reached Crait aboard the Upsilon, Ben felt Sara's presence on the planet and heard her voice in his head: Ben. Then he introduced himself as her Supreme Leader, making her laugh, and asked her to get everybody out of the base as fast as possible.

Now he had to find a way to end Hux and Phasma.

_______________________

Ben walked into the Upsilon control room and heard Hux shouting: "What are you waiting for? Fire that cannon!"

"No." Ben said. "I want to wait, make them feel trapped, hopeless." he needed to give Sara enough time to get everyone out of the rebel-base.