Home

Aboard the Millennium Falcon

On the way home, Hope fell asleep on Leia's lap, while Sara and Ben helped Han and Chewie control the Falcon – which seemed to be falling apart.

"I guess it's time to retire this ship." Ben said from the hatch he was in on the floor, fixing another leaking gas pipe – he had changed his black Kylo Ren's clothes for something more comfortable: jeans and a white long-sleeved shirt. "It's falling apart."

"All the Falcon needs is a little love, son," explained Han. "Unklar Plutt really fucked her over. Once we're safe home, I'll start working on getting her back on her feet."

Sara tried not to laugh at Han's optimism and looked at Ben, who stared up at her, shaking his head at his father's words, and got out of the hatch. After closing the hatch, Ben brought Sara close to his body, kissing her. She crossed her arms behind his neck, letting him deepen the kiss.

The sound of a throat being cleaned brought the snogging couple back to reality. Everybody was looking at them with smiles on their faces.

"Sorry." Sara whispered. "We got carried away..."

"I am happy for you, kids." said Han. "But we have two more hours of fixing the Falcon if we want to reach Takodana."

"Yes, Sir." said Ben, letting go of Sara's waist.

And they went back to grabbing tools and going down hatches and up stairs to fix the ship.

Once things seemed under control, Ben sat in the cockpit with his father.

"Must be good to know you're a free man now." said Han.

"I don't actually believe it yet. Maybe after a week home I will realize that I don't ever have to leave or explain myself to anyone." Ben paused. "It'll be good; I've never spent a whole week home."

"No?"

"I stayed for three days once." he looked out of the window. "The punishment I received for not telling Snoke where I had been was... not pleasant. I think he knew I was with Sara then. Before we killed him, he said that he had always known whenever I was with her..."

"Really? How?"

"She blocked him. Somehow. Even when we were still kids training at the Temple, she always blocked him from my mind."

"So that's her gift." Han murmured.

"Gift?" Ben looked at his father, confused.

"Sara's parents told your mother, on the first time they had dinner at our house, that she had a gift. Luke knew about it and that's why he was helping her then."

"I was fascinated by her since that first day."

"I know. You were nine but wouldn't shut up about her."

"She helped me connect with the Force that first night, and I felt peaceful. And once she left, I felt sad and angry again – two feelings I didn't have while she was around; after a few weeks I realized that her Light-Force balanced my powers, making me feel more in control of myself. The years I spent away from her were horrible. I felt angry all the time. I see now how that made me an easy target to Snoke. I was so stupid..."

"You made mistakes, son. But your mother and I, we were the ones who made the worst mistake: we shouldn't have sent you away from home. The moment you needed us around the most, we shipped you to your uncle." Han looked at his son. "I am sorry I never really understood anything about the Force, maybe if I had tried to understand it, I could have helped you."