Friends, Destruction & Love

Notes1: in this chapter begins The Last Jedi. Whatever you recognize is not mine.

_____________________________________

On his way back to his room, Ben allowed himself to release the breath he didn't know he had been holding. The meeting with Snoke had gone better than he had imagined – although he still wanted to meet Sara, it didn't have to be right away. The doors opened and Ben walked through the hangar bay towards the Upsilon. As soon as he'd entered his ship he heard the Knights laughing. He removed his mask and walked to his private quarters, he didn't have the energy to talk to them that night, he was tired and couldn't wait to tell Sara how the meeting had gone. But Jon, one of his fellow Knights of Ren, was by his door, waiting for him.

"It's her, right?" Jon asked in a low voice.

"What are you talking about?" asked Ben.

"The woman the troopers are saying is here, in your rooms, the one that stopped you from killing Han Solo. She's Sara, the bartender from Takodana, isn't she?"

"And if she is, do you have any objection?" Ben looked at Jon with suspicion.

"No! Quite the opposite really." he got closer to Ben. "Is she here to help us out of this mess?"

Ben seemed to relax.

"Yes." he replied. "Do the others feel the same?"

"Yes. We don't want to work for Snoke anymore. We're Dark Force users, not Sith. The things he has asked from us are wrong." then he smiled, softly. "We are all glad Sara is here, she was always nice to us in the Castle and she seems to be very smart..." he paused and stared at Ben before asking: "You married her, didn't you?"

"Yes. And I know about all the flirting you have thrown her way on Takodana."

"Nah. It was all in good fun. I remember her wearing a ring, a red one. You're a lucky man, Commander."

"I know." Ben smiled proudly and waited until Jon had left the corridor to walk into his room.

_____________________________________

A week later

Living like Ben's prisoner was not bad; albeit a little solitary, Sara had to admit. They had a stablished routine: Ben left their room in the morning and occasionally dropped by during the day to check on her; a droid was in charge of delivering her meals, and, to pass the time, she had asked Ben for some reading material, which he provided – so she spent her days reading. At night, they trained, meditated and, sometimes, made love. She missed Hope though.

"I know she is in good hands; your parents are there with her, and 3PO is basically her personal nanny and favorite uncle." she chuckled at Ben's confused expression at that information. "Hard to imagine, I know, but she adores that weird annoying droid. Can you find a way for me to talk to her?"

"I'll think of something," he said.

_____________________________________

And so he did. Two nights later he got her a communication device.

"It's a new one. Never used and unregistered."

Sara sat on the bed and quickly tapped all the Resistance codes necessary to connect with their base, then she waited in silence, the ringing tone making her nervous. Ben sat by her side. Then the click that indicated the connection was completed was heard.

"General?" Sara asked.

"Sara?" she heard Leia's incredulous voice before her image appeared. "My dear, we thought we had lost you!"