Chapter 5: Goodbye summer

--- Nash ---

I'm exhausted. It's like someone pinned me to a wall, grabbed my neck and proceeded to suck the soul out of my body. And no not the hot way. I'm so tired. Then again I didn't get much sleep last night either. How did they convince me to go shopping now? The day before college starts and not earlier?

Right now, I just want to lay in a bed. Or even just have someone to lay on. Then again I'm...used to being alone.

I shouldn't be thinking like that. And I know it...but you can't change the past. But you can control your own future.

My ears picked up footsteps and my body instinctively turned around. Someone was coming down the hallway and I had to know who it was. It was a familiar footstep heard earlier today and of course out of the corner came Serene lugging her suitcase across the floor. It took her a while to notice I was staring right at her. What's on her mind? Even though I feel terrible, I have to play it off.

"Oh. Hey. What room are you in?" she asks me, a bit of fear in her eyes. Now I'm starting to worry.

"Room 336. You?" I struggle to say in a realistic me tone. Hopefully she doesn't take it the wrong way.

"337! You HAVE to wake me up everyday! Please!" she said, almost begging me.

"Wait wait--why?"

"Because you're Nash. Duh." she said. If I wasn't so tired, my laughter probably would of shook the whole building down. "And this place is way too far! It's the third floor! What if I leave too late?!"

It's sort of cute seeing her so worked up like this. In general, seeing her reaction when she got a yes or no. How could I decline? "I'll walk with you." I say. Her face lit up and she nodded before continuing to walk. A faint thank you fills my ear.

We got to our rooms in the next 20 seconds. We really were right next to each other. Pretty convenient. She nodded and then unlocked the door to her room. I opened my own and then proceeded to walk inside.

I didn't notice until now but I feel really hot. Like the room is a volcano and I'm dead in the center of it. Why can't I think straight?! There's some stuff on what seems to be a kitchen table. It seems to be just a plate with bread on it. To my left there is a laundry basket. Maybe I wasn't here first. Now where is my room?

I decide to lay on the couch after stripping to just my shorts. Maybe a bit of rest will do me some good...

...

It's been two minutes and I feel worse. A massive headache is stabbing me repetitively and my forehead is burning up. I force myself up off the couch and start walking over to the bedrooms, making it halfway before stopping.

All the strength seemed to leave my body as I collapse onto the floor, the only thing cushioning my fall being the carpet. Don't make me stand back up...this feels okay...just five more minutes...

I hear footsteps coming from the door. Someone must of walked in. The last thing I can remember is them flipping me onto my back and feeling my forehead, then seeming to run quickly.

My body is picked up off the floor, carrying me somewhere but my vision blacks out, causing me to fall asleep.

Please...help...

--- Serene ---

I heard a thud come from the other room, paying no attention to it. Nash probably just dropped his bag.

This place is way bigger than I ever would of imagined! Living here will be a breeze! The kitchen is perfect for cooking and the washroom is just to my liking! Then again this is a room for three. I decide to send Nash a text to see how he's doing.

Just Another Day! (Furry BoyxBoy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें