Chapter 1

I feel a thread tugging me again, but this time I know that it isn't some sinister force dragging me toward death.

This time I know it's my mother's hand, drawing me into her arms.

And I go gladly into her embrace.

___

Except, I don't see my mother anywhere, anymore.

I'm just swimming in the darkness, doing nothing.

Is this what it feels like to be dead?

No. This didn't feel like this is where that sinister force was dragging me. Or my mother. I don't know why I think this is like another simulation test, so I concentrate hard on something. Anything to add on this darkness. But there was nothing.

___

I don't know how long I waited: twenty minutes? An hour? But I started hearing voices.

The sound of a man crying.

Tobias?

No. That couldn't be him. He NEVER cries, and this wasn't his voice.

"Hazel" said a woman's voice. "My dear Hazel"

There were murmurs in the background, and doors shutting, leaving only the crying man, and the woman who kept mumbling "Hazel".

A couple minutes passed and I heard a sound. A new sound that wasn't the man, and the woman, but a sound that I've never heard before.

It went beep..... beep...... beep......

The woman gasped.

"Sam!" She finally said something other than Hazel. "Look. the heart monitor's beeping. Go get a doctor."

Okay. So, what do you this of my fanfic so far? Comment "okay." If you liked it.

Okay?