Chapter 6

I jolted awake.

That voice in my dream was my voice, but I never opened my mouth.

I didn't even know who was Gus.

I had a terrible headache, so I got up to go get done water. Maybe some painkillers if I could find some.

Well, I would have gotten up if a voice hasn't stopped me.

MY voice.

You're not me.

Please go away. You're in my body.

I'm the REAL Hazel Grace Lancaster.

Please.

What's going on?

Am I starting to hallucinate?

I need to get back to Chicago. I NEED to know what happened there, and what's wrong with me.

---

We had the weirdest thing for breakfast. Chicken breast, and green beans.

"What's this?" I asked.

Mr. and Mrs. Lancaster exchanged a look, but like usual, it's Mrs. Lancaster who spoke.

"Well, the doctor said that familiar surroundings, or something you like might help you have your memories back."

"Whats this has to do with anything?" I was waving my fork at the food, when I said 'this'.

"Well," Mrs. Lancaster said, "You once started complaining why some foods are only for breakfast, and you can never have the for dinner without calling it breakfast for dinner, and I'm not really making sense right now."

We all just stared at each other.

I finally broke the silence, and said "Well, this isn't helping my memories."

---

After a while, I finally asked the question that's been in my mind.

"Do you know who's Gus?"

I don't know what was wrong with what I said, but everyone just froze.