Chapter 5

I found myself in a room. For some reason it looks familiar, even though I've never seen this room. The Woman told me to call her mom- which I won't since she isn't my mom- and if I needed anything to ask her.

But what I wanted, she couldn't give me. I wanted to go back to my old life.

"Hazel" the Woman- Mrs. Lancaster said "What do you want for dinner?"

Without thinking I blurted "Chicken breast, and green beans."

Mrs. Lancaster responded "I never would have thought you wanting to eat chicken."

"I've eaten that all my life." I answered.

She just shook her head and left.

---

After dinner, I got ready for bed and went to sleep.

---

I was in darkness. It was pitch black, a darkness almost the same as the darkness that enveloped me when I was shot. Except then, it was a soothing darkness. My mother was there.

Here... It was just me. Scared. And I'm never scared. I was the only living creature here. Just me and- a voice.

It was a ghostly voice. It sounded familiar, but it was a voice I've never heard. My body was searching that voice, determined to find that voice.

"Hazel" The voice kept calling. "Hazel Grace."

It repeated the name Hazel Grace over and over again.

My body kept advancing, but the voice was just drifting away.

Only when the voice was completely gone did my lips move.

"Gus" Was all it said.