Chapter 8

I don't know where my legs were dragging me. I was in unfamiliar surroundings; there were strange vehicles that I looked strangely like the cars from the Erudite headquarters, except it didn't have all those solar panels.

I stopped in front a house, to catch my breath. My body seems so weak, probably because of when David shot me. Come to think of it, I don't feel any pain from it. But before I looked down, I noticed my surroundings. While I was running, all I saw was blurs of colors. But now, I noticed that everyone was wearing clothes from different factions. Blue and red; black and grey, and many different colors that doesn't belong in any factions.

What was going on here? I thought. Did David find a way to destroy the factions? Is being Divergent legal now? I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice the people in front of me. I looked up, and saw that the boy, who was blonde, was wearing sunglasses, and was holding a guide cane. He was smiling. So was the woman in front of me. I took me a while to realize that the woman asked me a question.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I asked.

"I didn't know you got out of the hospital." The woman answered.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

The woman frowned, "You don't remember me Hazel?" She points at the boy next to her, "I'm Isaac's mother."

"Why is everyone calling me Hazel! For God's sake!" I exclaimed. "Actually, I have more important things to worry about. What happened with the factions?" I looked around as if proving a point. "What happened to all the-" I didn't know if I should say the word aloud, I don't know what actually happened to anything right now, and I still don't know if people will be alarmed if I said the word Divergent. "Forget I said anything." I recovered quickly. "But please answer me this question, how can I get to Chicago, behind the fence?"

"Hazel have you lost your mind?" The boy actually speaks for the first time. "This is quite the group" he chuckled a little bit. "First, I loose my damned eyes, next Gus looses his life, and now you loose your mind. This cancer fucked us all up."