6- Something's going on

Vanessa POV:

I woke up around eight in the morning, I rolled over and looked at Austin, he was sound asleep still. After the night before I thought I would have awoken to a hangover, surprisingly I don't.

I got out of bed and put a robe on, I looked outside and decided to take a breath of the fresh air, I then walked out onto the balcony putting my hand on the rails and closed my eyes, taking a couple deep breaths. I stood out there for a bit looking at the sky and watching us move through the water, it was so peaceful and beautiful. I started thinking about, why we were on this trip and if Austin was really going to propose.

I walked back in and tried waking Austin up, seeing if he wanted to for a walk. He just rolled over and ignored me. I then tried calling Lexi and got no answer with her either.

I decided to head down to the pool since everyone was still sleeping, I put on my bikini and grabbed a towel. I then sent Lexi a message letting her know where I'll be, and left Austin a note as well.

I got over to the pool, and liked that there was really nobody around. I figured that I'll have a little peace and quiet then. I grabbed a lounge chair and laid out my towel, I then put on some sunscreen, my sunglasses and laid down on the chair closing my eyes enjoying the sounds of the birds flying by making noises and hearing the sounds of the waves was so relaxing.

"Good morning Vanessa." I heard. I didn't recognize the voice and slowly lifted up my glasses. It was Chris the bartender.

"Hello." I said with a smile.

"Can I get you anything?"

"I think right now I'll just have an ice water with lemon please."

"Sure thing." He said before walking away. I then watched him walk away and my heart felt like it was racing. It was racing so fast I thought I was going to faint. Wow.. he's so damn good looking. I put my glasses back on and laid back down to relax.

"You never called, are you enjoying your trip so far?" He asked.

I lifted my sunglasses to see he brought me my water. "Its been ok." I say quietly.

"I see you are you here by yourself, howcome?"

"Everyone is still sleeping so I decided to come here and relax, get some sun."

"Where are you from?" He asks

"Denver."

"No kidding? I'm from Greeley." He says surprised.

"Do you still live there or do you just live on this ship?" I ask.

"I do still live there actually, I just do this a few months out of the year." He says.

"Wow, small world." I say. "What else do you do for work then if you only do this a few months out of the year?"

He sat down on the chair next to me, folding his hands and smiled "I actually own a travel company, how about you you?"

"I work from home, processing medical billing." I said as I tried to look away from him, I felt nervous talking to him, and was worried about what Austin would think if he saw him talking to me.

"It's always nice to work from home, you set your own hours, and it's up to you if you want to work weekends or not." He says smiling.

"Yea I enjoy it, I still have to go in once a week but that's fine with me." I say with a nervous giggle.

"Well I better get back to helping the other people, don't be a stranger." He says standing up.

I looked around quick to see if Austin was coming or even Lexi, and feel a little relief that they didn't see me talking to him. I lay back down and think about how he only lives about an hour away from me, what a small world.