16- Haunted by mistakes

Austin POV:

(Earlier that day)

Vanessa left the room upset again, I guess I don't blame her. I opened my laptop and clicked on my notes for the meeting and read through them, if Kenna isn't going to make it to the meeting, then I need to make sure I understand where all the numbers are at.

Kenna called asking for me to be there for her, she explained that she couldn't keep anything down except for water. Without thinking I quickly got up and went to her.

On my way to her room, I stopped and asked an employee if he had heard of anyone getting sick from eating the food yesterday, he claimed that he hadn't, so I had him make a note that Kenna had gotten suddenly sick and that she couldn't keep anything down.

Kenna opened the door for me and I was surprised to see that she looked OK. "You don't look that sick." I say to her, she has color to her and wasn't acting like she was as sick as she claimed out to be.

"I'm glad you think so." She snapped, she walked over to the bed and sat down. "I still cannot keep anything down, and every little smell makes my stomach upset."

I sat down next to and started rubbing her back "I talked with an employee and nobody else has complained about being sick from eating any of the food."

"I feel fine, it's just when I get something in my stomach it all comes back out."

I start to feel worried that she won't be able to make the meeting and ran my hand through my hair "What would you like to do then, do you even think that you'll make the meeting tomorrow? Otherwise I have to get back and prepare myself."

"Well I would like to see the island, I guess I'll have to play it out and see."

"The question is, do you think that you'll be able to handle being in the fresh air?"

She laid her back on the bed and rubbed her stomach "I'm sure I'll be fine, maybe that's what I need. Where's Vannesa at anyways?" She curiously asked.

I sighed "She left upset this morning, I'm not exactly sure where she went, said that she was going to go on the island and try to find her friends."

"If you keep upsetting her, she's going to eventually figure everything out, if she hasn't already." She exclaimed.

I stood up and furrowed my eyebrows at her "What is it that I'm supposed to do? You call me, text me, ask me to come to you, then you get worried that she's going to figure it out?"

"Well you brought her, knowing that I was going to be here. Maybe you need to just come clean with her, unless you have no plans on breaking it off with her, and just want to continue stringing me along." She snapped sitting back up.

I ignored what she just said and held my hand out to her, helping her off the bed "Come on, let's go see what the island is like."

We explored the island for a while, Kenna seemed to be doing OK, we hit all the points of interests that she wanted to see and headed back to the ship nearly running into Lexi. "That was a close one." I say quietly to her. Kenna then rolled her eyes at me and walked away.

The next couple hours we went over the meeting materials, I looked over at her wanting to kiss her. I then wrapped my arm around her and pulled her close to me. "You do mean a lot to me you know." I say to her. She just gave me a look and looked back at her notes.

"I really should get back to my room before Vanessa gets back."

"Whatever" She says with a sigh.

"Get some rest." I say walking out the door.

I walked back into the room and noticed that Vanessa had been here, her clothes were laying on the bed, I then noticed that my laptop was still open. SHIT... I quickly take the screen saver off and saw a picture of Kenna and I in Mexico, as well as the confirmation tickets. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." I said pacing back and forth.