27- Coma

Lexi POV:

Austin arrived in the ICU and walked up to Drake and I, we were standing outside the door while the doctors were checking on Vanessa. He was not looking too pleased "What the fuck happened?" He asked pissed off.

"According to the witnesses she was going north and a car was coming from the east, I can't think of the road name, but you know where that one gravel road is, where you can access the freeway? This guy pulled out right in front of her, she tried swerving but it was too late. She hit the vehicle, causing her Escalade to flip and roll." I cried, blowing my nose.

Austin looked confused, like he was trying to think of where I was talking about "Where did this happen?" Austin asked.

"On the freeway, she was on her way to meet us downtown."

Drake looked at Austin while leaning his back against the wall "They tested the guy that caused this mess, and he had alcohol on his breath."

The doctor came out of the room and began to let us know how she was doing "Well she's stable for now, she had some swelling and bleeding of the brain, right now she is in a coma, we would like to keep it induced until the swelling on her brain goes down." The doctor explained.

I gasped "Oh my god!"

"She also has a broken arm and 3 broken ribs." He says looking at his chart. "She's very lucky."

"Can we see her?" Austin asked.

"Yes you may see her, but please keep it to a minimum. After tonight I'd like it if only one person was in the room with her at a time."

Vanessa's phone rang, I looked to see who was calling and looked at Drake "Excuse me a moment, I need to take this."

Chris POV:

I was finally able to take a break, I grabbed my phone to see if Vanessa tried calling and my eyes widened when I saw that I had over thirty missed calls and a bunch of messages. What the fuck? I thought. I didnt have any voicemails but I noticed a number that I didn't recognize that had called a bunch of times. I saw that Vanessa had called quite a few times as well.

I looked at my messages, they were all from Vanessa's phone, two were from her and the rest of the messages came from Lexi using Vanessa's phone. Holy fuck, she's been in an accident.

I called Vanessa's phone and Lexi picked up. "Hello." Lexi answered quietly "Hello.. Chris?" She asked again.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked worried, I could hear her crying and she could barely speak.

"Vanessa has been in a horrible accident, and she's in ICU right now." I had a hard time understanding her, but I thought she said that Vanessa had been in an accident. "What happened? How is she?"

"I just spoke with the doctor, right now she is in stable condition, but she's also in a coma. They had to do emergency surgery since she had some swelling and bleeding of the brain, she has three broken ribs as well as a broken arm." She then went on to explain what had happened.

"My God.. we port in the morning, I'll grab a flight when we get there. I'll try and get on a plane the first thing when we arrive, if I can't get on one I'll hire a private plane to get there."

"Please.. get here as soon as you can, she needs you. I know she's in a coma, and they said that they want to keep her that way until the swelling goes down, but maybe hearing your voice it might help her get better."

I hung up with Lexi, and walked over to one of the bartenders explaining to him what happened to Vanessa, and that I would be leaving first thing in the morning. "I'll pay you double time for this, if you could pick up the slack for me."