24- Letting go

Lexi and Chris are in the room with me, while I packed my belongings "You have to stay.." Lexi begs, while picking up one of my bags.

I walked over to the bed and sat down. "Lexi, just think how this would have went had you not been here. I would have been here all by myself, he still would have been out fucking her like he has and I would have been stuck here doing nothing. I probably wouldn't have met Chris either. I feel so humiliated."

She sat down next to me and gave me a hug "But you did meet Chris, and we're both here for you, so why would you want to leave?" Lexi asks.

"You can stay with me you know." Chris says, sitting down on the other side of me.

I looked at Chris and smiled "I know I could stay with you, and thank you for offering. But I just need to get home, I need to be far away from them two."

I stood up and walked over picking up my bags "Will you come to the airport with me?" I ask while looking at Chris.

"I'll come with too." Lexi says standing up.

"Wait... I need to write Austin something quick." I grabbed a pen and paper that was sitting on the dresser and started writing.

Austin,
I cannot believe in a million years that you could ever do this to me. You threw away six years for nothing. For what? A piece of ass that got you a baby on the way, which you told me you weren't ready for. Well guess what get ready now because you have one coming. That should have been me telling you that I was pregnant.Was it really worth it? You've lost me forever. I loved you so much, and you took that for granted. I honestly believed that this trip was that you were finally going to propose to me. I had been dreaming about it, I wanted to have your children, I was so looking forward to having kids. And the one I had hoped to have children with decided to have them with someone else. What did I ever do to you to ever deserve this? You brought both of us on a cruise and went back and forth between the two of us which you spent mainly with her since you were barley with me. Just remember that you did this. Not me. You broke my heart. I guess I meant nothing to you, and you meant everything to me. Thanks for ripping my heart out, and on a trip that I thought was suppose to be special.
I hope that you got what you wanted and I hope that she was worth it.
Goodbye, Vanessa

"Ok I'm ready to leave." I set the letter on his laptop, looking around making sure that I didn't forget anything.

"You know, maybe this was a blessing for you Vanessa. This was probably what you needed, to get rid of the bad one and to meet the good one." Lexi says. She then walked over to the nightstand picking up the jewelry Austin gave me. "What are you going to do with these?"

"She can have them, they mean nothing to me." I grabbed them from her hand and threw them on the bed.

Chris and Lexi took me to the airport, while standing in line to get a ticket, they both tried talking me out of leaving. I finally got up to the ticket agent and Chris stepped in front of me.

"Please stay, we can get through this. Don't let them win." Chris begged. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him. I looked over at Lexi, she was holding her hands like she was praying.

"Listen to Chris, he's right. Don't let them win. Just because they did what they did, doesn't mean you can't still have fun and enjoy the rest of the trip." Lexi said, hoping that I would listen.