Results

At least I had an inkling as to what I was getting into. The only concern was #3 and what that entailed and if there would be any expectations from Malfoy for #2.

"I'm not going Ginny. I can't. What if it is #2 and he wants something overly romantic." Her mouth moved and nothing came out. "Or bloody hell, #3 and we have to live together in the same dormitory. No! I won't, I'll leave Hogwarts."

"Hermione Jean Granger! You stop this this instant. You will go down to the Great Hall with your head held high, have dinner, and hear the results." She breathed, happy to find her voice. "And you will do what the Headmistress requests because you're no coward. You're a Gryffindor. You're the brightest witch of the age. You helped destroy You Know Who. You can handle a ferret."

"Fine but before the night is through, we are all having a meeting to plan for whatever outcome this is."

"Deal. I'll let the others know."

I did just what Ginny told me to, hold my head up high and have dinner. There were still results coming in from students and I had no idea how it would be tallied so quickly. Well never mind, this is magic we're talking about.

Dinner was one of those that elicited memories of Farewell and Welcome banquets, celebrations, and victories. Tonight, I doubted would be a positive experience for at least one of us, if not both.

I ate slowly but methodically, the room was eerily silent because the spell that was placed on the students during the voting. At one point I stood up and asked the Headmistress if it would be proper for me to excuse myself so the students could discuss openly.

"But that would remain Mister Malfoy, so the students would still be silent."

"Headmistress, I will personally drag him outside so they can discuss. One or two people should not have a control of the vast majority. Nor should we be the ones dictating what the majority of the students can or cannot discuss."

"How very diplomatic of you Miss Granger. Why not you start by asking Mister Malfoy, and then go from there. You two can have your dinner in either an anteroom or in the kitchen."

"Thank you Headmistress." With that I go and grab Malfoy, "Grab a plate of food, we're out of here until the results."

"Oh Granger, I know you want me for yourself, but all you have to do is ask."

"That isn't it, I feel bad for the rest of the school. Having to deal with your ego and self centeredness. Now grab a plate and let's go."

"Yes beautiful, anything for you."

"Princess, heed my warning," I hear Pansy Parkinson whisper overly loudly as I walk past.

When I pause to glare at her, Blaise grabs my arse making me yelp. "And remember what I said, Weasel was an idiot."

"Great. The moron minions." I mutter a little too loudly for my own good as I head over to my house table and grab my plate.

"Need any help 'Mione?" Harry looks at me, with worry in his eyes.

"Nah. I'll tell you later." I wink and go to the anteroom the Headmistress referred me to. Malfoy is holding the door open for me when we get there, "You don't need to do that, but thank you."

"My mother raised a gentleman, and you're welcome."

"If you mother raised a gentleman, you would have excused yourself from dinner earlier."

"No beautiful, I want you to get the credit for it. I'm still the headmistress's favorite, remember."

I chuckle, like that will happen. "So how much did you find out?"