Heart to HELP!

"Miss Granger, again I do apologize for my son's rude behavior"

I cut her off, for what seemed to be the 8th or 9th time this morning, "Please, it is nothing. Everything sorted itself out, Mrs Malfoy. And please call me Hermione."

"In that case, I'm Narcissa to you, dear."

We had a lengthy, civil conversation about the how to submerge the Prophet and continue the false baby rumors. Though somehow we kept coming back to what Narcissa seemed to be Draco's abhorrent manners towards me.

"You must understand dear, Draco was raised to treat women a certain way. He's rebelled against it, like he has so many things recently, so there is going to be bumps along the way of your relationship."

Isn't that what I've been trying to explain to her for the last 45 minutes? "I understand Narcissa, really."

"It's just he also knows that these things are meant to be discussed in private. Not at parties where your whole class is. And definitely not in the presence of that obnoxious reporter for the Prophet."

That we can agree upon. "I concur, but I also have to admit my own wrongdoing in the matter. I was the one that made it so public. He was just going out of his way to do what he thought was right and I ended up biting his head off at the wrong time and place."

"My dear, I do not blame you in the slightest. You've had only a few years where the press was at your doorstep. Draco was raised in the public eye. Even his birth made the front page of the Prophet." She patted my hand sympathetically. I don't know where she thinks that I can't handle the Prophet's reporters. It's just Skeeter and her less than half truths that are published. "I can help you negotiate through this. Consider it bonding time for the two of us." Bonding time? My eyes widen at the thought. "Now let's talk about your futures. I know my son," speaking of him, where the hell did he run off to, "he is tragically in love with you. Lucky for you his father has no more say in his life so that is where his little rebellious streak took hold. He has decided to buck tradition. I don't have much say anymore in his life, but I am willing to help the two of you negotiate through the hiccups of a very public, very untraditional life together."

"I appreciate everything Narcissa. I honestly do. Especially since my parents... well they are Muggles for starters and they have no understanding of anything wizard. To make it worse, they aren't really around I'm sorry to say. And the Weasleys, well I don't want to cause any more strain on them."

"That will just strengthen my case now doesn't it. Don't fear, dear, you two are special. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something genuine between the two of you that isn't easily replicated. Be patient with each other, especially with Draco. He is stubborn and hot headed. But like those emotions, his love is deep."

Another hot headed, stubborn man in my life. Sounds familiar. The difference is that I do feel a connection with him.

"May I ask," she interrupted my thoughts comparing my ex to my current love, "what are your plans to work through any differences you two may have. There must be a long list of things you don't know about being raised in a pureblood home, whereas he must have a number of questions about being raised a muggle."

"Well I started a question box last night. Probably not the best timing since it was Daphne, Pansy, Ginny, Luna, and I all in different stages of drunkenness coming up with the questions. But it is an ice breaker so to speak. The idea is to reach in the box and pull out a question and discuss."

"That is a lovely idea. If I may I would like to throw in some questions myself. Or better yet, let's have one for over the holidays. I forgot to ask, how would you feel about going to either Switzerland or France for the holidays? Or is there someplace else you're interested in?"