Literally Everything

We caught her. That conniving little witch. We caught her trying to first add questions to our box to 'appease her audience', then when that didn't work out she tried to sneak into our dorm room again uninvited, and then she had the balls to talk to McGonagall.

That was that gnat for brain's mistake.

She thought that McGonagall would side with her, making us have a sit down to see how my 'pregnancy' was progressing and the other tensions that seemed to be filling the eighth years. The big one that she wanted input on was how was Ginny and Harry's relationship and the crux of how Ronald was taking my relationship with Draco and his sister with his best friend.

I wanted to vomit. Which luckily I ran to the bathroom, which worked for the whole Operation, followed by Ginny, Luna, Pansy, and Daphne. Not far behind the girls was Draco, my prince. He ran interference outside Moaning Myrtle's bathroom from the neon clad gossip fly. I must admit I learned something that day: a ghost is subject to a vow. Not necessarily an Unbreakable Vow of course seeing as the ghost is already dead, the threat of death is a moot point. But vows of silence really work well.

And much of the school appreciated the idea of having Myrtle quiet for a time being.

But we all made her vow not to tell the gnat what was going on with the Operation, especially since we all were discussing my unknown bout of nausea. Trying to explain to the more than questioning lot of girls that first, no we still haven't been intimate and second, that I think it just came about because of the annoyance that has been buzzing around the school.

"I don't know how much more I can take of her." I try desperately to explain. "I will face Bellatrix over and over again before her. Please. I just wanted a quiet year and I have this incessant buzzing around." I am in tears. "I am at the point of either ending up in Azkaban because I hexed her to death or losing my grip."

Ginny looks at me simpathetically, "Let the boys deal with her. You just need a mental health day. Retail therapy anyone?"

I see Pansy and Daphne jump at the idea. "Perfect," Pansy is obviously scheming. "We can even look at 'baby' stuff." She uses air quotes. "Plus you'll need to make a stop at Madam Malkin's for some new school robes. I think we all need some shopping soon."

"Not this weekend," Luna explains. "Hufflepuff is having a camp out for you 8th years. I overheard them talking about tents and stuff. It is going to be on the far side of the Black Lake or somewhere. I guess Portkeys are involved."

"Damn, those puffs going all out like that. I must commend them," Pansy sounds impressed, but that is only what I hear over my nerve induced retching. "I wonder when they finally will get around to giving us details."

It didn't take long. While we were still in the bathroom I guess some of the Puffs came up to their 'new friend' Draco to talk over the movie choice for the week. From there the 8th years were going to portkey directly to their weekend escape.

It actually sounded nice. Especially the idea of a weekend without the gnat flittering around my head.

Harry didn't want to be away for the weekend, but it wasn't optional I guess. McGonagall gave carte blanche to them for this little weekend: from Friday after the movie until Sunday afternoon. She claimed it would be good for uniting us and finding that what we all went through last year was eerily similar, no matter what side we were on.

She was planning something similar with the 7th years in the Great Hall including something like muggle therapists involved, much to Harry's joy. He realized how much that everyone, including him and me, needed something like this after what we went through.