Chapter 8

Austin's POV

I hit my fist against the post, "I can't do this anymore! It's either her or me! I just can't do it! I want to be the one! I can't lie anymore when people see me! When they ask if I'm seeing anyone! I just can't!" I yelled out before closing my eyes.

Last night at the restaurant brought me over the edge, being at the restaurant and seeing him with her. The bathroom ordeal. Okay, yes that was my fault but still! And then her asking me questions when I walked out. Hell I told her I had a girlfriend. I don't have a fucking girlfriend, I'm having sex with her husband!

I hit the post again and opened my eyes, I looked out at the cows who were just grazing. Man I was yelling at the cows. I shook my head at myself, I'm pathetic. I finished unloading the hay out of the bed of my truck before getting in and starting back up to the gate.

I gave a sigh as I got out and opened the gate before driving through the gate, hopping out again and closing the gate. I drove up to the house parking the truck. Turning it off I got out and left the keys in the truck.

Pushing the screen door open I walk in kicking my boots off on the mat. I slumped down in my couch and gave a groan, why was this so hard? Why did I have to fall for a guy who was married? The next time he shows up here I have to tell him, it's me or her, not both of us. I can't do it anymore.

The phone started ringing and I sighed again, who the hell was calling me? And what did they want? I was in a fowl mood and didn't wish to speak with anyone. Reluctantly I picked it up and looked at the caller ID. Interesting, Darryl was calling.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Austin it's Darryl, Kali said she ran into you last night and that I should go see the car..." Darryl said on the other end.

I gave a cold laugh, "Really now?" I asked. "And when you plan on doing that?"

"Well today is supposed to be nice, what about this afternoon?" he said.

"Alright sure, not like I have a life." I muttered.

"Alright well I'll see you around three." He said.

"I'll be here." I said before hanging up. I closed my eyes, what the hell am I going to do? I can't actually tell him, not today anyways, I'm not ready. Okay I'll just tell him Monday when he comes. Yeah Monday will work. I nodded to myself and sat up turning the tv on.

I flicked through the channels, settling on Criminal Minds. I'd seen the episode before but still sat there watching it.

What would happen if I killed his wife? No one would know, I have plenty of land to dig a hole and stick her in. Or throw her in the manure pit, no one would find her nor smell her decaying body. Oh I liked that idea! I could easily get her out here, hit her in the head a few times with a piece of wood then burn it. Then I'd have Dar all to myself and he wouldn't lose his son.

I gave a sigh shaking the thoughts out of my head, why was I thinking about that? That would just lead to more trouble, he just either needs to tell her and be with me or leave me alone.