Chapter 9

Darryl's POV

Kali had taken Justin to school and then went to work. I on the other hand had quickly done all the house work stuff she had left for me to do before I left. And it was now noon. I had called him before I left saying I was on my way.

I was excited, even though it was only going to be a couple hours I could spend with him. But a few hours with him was better then no hours at all right?

Turning into his driveway I looked up at the house, he was on the porch already. Wait he's pacing, why is he pacing?

I parked my Caviler beside his truck and got out silently. Walking up to the steps he was still pacing. What was going on? I watched him pace a moment longer before I stepped onto the steps. "Austin?" I questioned.

He spun around to stare at me, "Darryl," he said.

"Is something wrong?" I questioned, concern showing everywhere in my face.

He stared at me, "I-I" he shook his head speaking quietly. "I can't do this anymore! It's either her or me! I just can't do it! I want to be the one! I can't lie anymore when people see me! When they ask if I'm seeing anyone! I just can't!" He snapped hitting the post that held the railing to the porch and the porch roof up.

I stared at him, "What?" I whispered. No no no! He can't be doing this to me right now! No. I shook my head, "No Austin, please, no." I begged, my voice quiet.

He shook his head, "I'm done! It's her or me! I just can't do it anymore Darryl!" He yelled.

I bit my lip, "No baby, no. Please! I just need some more time before I tell her!" I plead.

"No Darryl, you need to either tell her and leave her or leave me," Austin said, his eyes closed his eyes.

I bite my lip, this was not how this was supposed to go.

"I-I-I guess this is goodbye," I whispered. I can't tell her, she'd take Justin away from me. I turned around stepping down off the porch. I went back to my car and got in, starting it up. I pushed it into reverse harder then I should have and backed up from beside his truck.

Pushing it into drive I speed off down the driveway refusing to look back at him. Why was he doing this to me! I turned the radio up and let whatever song blast as I headed back to the city. This was not how I wanted to start my week.

I pulled into the driveway half an hour later parking my car in its spot, I decided to wash it. Punching the code into the garage lock my thoughts are back on him. Why did he do this? After all these months he decided he couldn't do it any more. I shake my head, angry, grabbing what I need to wash the car with from the garage.

I spent the afternoon outside in just my jeans and sneakers, washing my car then cutting the grass and just doing some general yard maintenance. I tried to keep my mind off of him, but it only worked at a little bit.

Kaligot home just after 5 with Justin, dinner was already ready when they walked inthe door. I had made spaghetti and meat balls, plain and simple didn't take toomuch thinking to make. We all sat down for dinner, it was quiet like always. Ileft Kali to do the dishes and helped Justin with his homework before I went tobed having to work tomorrow.