Chapter 21

"Can someone wake Zena? We need to get packing. The plane leaves at 10:15."

"AM?"

"PM, but she always waits until the last minute to start packing and it annoys me," Jacob said a bit annoyed and but more upset. Payton knocked on Hayden's door and received a groan as he entered the room.

"Get up you two." Peyton's annoyed expression irritated Zena and Hayden as the two groaned n unison. He clicked on the light annoying the two even more. "Get up! Jacob's freaking out because you're not packed yet." I just want to sleep in a little. Is that so much to ask? Zena began to get up but Hayden pulled her back down and cuddled her as he stared at an angry and disappointed Payton.

"She started it."

"Z, Jacob's your boyfriend for Christ's sake, how could you do him like that? Do you know what will happen to Hayden if he finds out? " Hayden rolled his eyes before falling back asleep. "This won't end well Z and you know it." Payton left the room and saw Jacob nowhere to be found. "Where's Jacob?"

"Packing. Is she up?" Stephan had a feeling something went on in that room.

"Yeah." A few moments later Zena left Hayden's room fully dressed with him following and Stephan shook his head.

"You got a problem green eyes?"

"If your boyfriend hurts Hayden, I blame you." Zena rolled her eyes at Stephan's comment. What if Jacob really does hurt Hayden? Maybe last night was a mistake. I don't want his blood on my hands.

"Jacob's looking for me. I should go. Thanks for last night."

"One more for the road?" Zena nodded and kissed Hayden one last time. It was soft, sweet, and meaningful, but too short for her liking. "I'll miss you. Come back soon." She nodded and left the penthouse deep in thought. Hayden retreated to his room, on the brim of tears, and pulled out his guitar.

You were mine for the summer

Now we know it's nearly over

Feels like snow in September

But I always will remember

You were my summer love

You always will be my summer love

He sang the last line in between soft sobs that turned into full-on breakdown loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Hayden, mate, you alright?"

"I'm fine," Hayden said through the door as he continued to play random cords on his guitar while singing.

Then I think of the start

And it echoes a spark

And I remember the magic electricity

Then I look in my heart

There's a light in the dark

Still a flicker of hope that you first gave to me

That I wanna keep

Please don't leave

Please don't leave

"I like that. Jotting that down in the old leather bound." Hayden recorded himself on his iPhone before taking a break and heading to the gym.

"There he is. You alright mate?" Hayden nodded and grabbed an apple from the fridge before heading out the door. "Where you headed?"

"Gym."