Chapter One: Cast Away

Have you had a nightmare that felt real? Like you're in a different reality? The one that depended on your life and everyone else's, yeah I think you know what I'm talking about.

-Samantha's Nightmare-
I was walking in a dark hallway, so quiet that you can hear your footsteps only. My breath trembling, I knew I had to find a way out and I have seen this door at the end of the hallway; When I opened the door. There was another hallway, I heard children, but couldn't see them,"1,2 Freddy's coming for you. 3,4 Better lock your door. 5,6 Grab your crucifix. 7,8 Better stay up late. 9,10 Never sleep again" I always kept hearing that song, but why were children singing that? These lights were rocking back and forth, the hallways were absolutely empty, then I saw a woman in white; She was speed walking, as if she was in a rush, so I followed her,"Excuse me, miss?" She didn't hear me, is she deaf? "Miss" She turned around, looking straight at me, but didn't say anything. I followed her even more until I started hearing screaming, wailing and noises from one room.
"76,77,78" I walked through a door, I saw these men walking around in a creepy way as they muttered strange things under their breath,"Will you hurry up already?"
"Quiet, you'll make me lose the count" I looked at both of the men up there, knowing that no one couldn't see me because I was dreaming, I saw that same woman in white, she looked frightened, and when they stopped counting. They didn't hear or see her, I wanted to stop them, but the doors were shut by the time I ran up there. When I turned around and looked down, they all gathered up on her, started laughing like maniacs; her screams were terrifying, I backed up and ran out. I looked back and when I faced forward, there he was, his razors looked sharp,"You're mine now" I screamed and woke up.
-End Of Samantha's Nightmare-

"You okay Sam?" It turned out I was screaming in my sleep again,"I'm alright mom, just a bad dream" My mother, Juliet Riverson and my father, Jacob Daniel Johnson, they were married, I have their last names. Yes my name is Samantha Riverson-Johnson, apparently, they had me when my mom was 17 and they got married when my dad turned 18, my mom is a few years older than him. They never did tell me who are my cousins, aunts, anyone. So, I've pretty much been alone, and here I am at 15. "Samantha, you either got to stop watching horror movies or stop that kind of dreaming" I stopped watching those movies for a few months thinking that maybe that was the reason. I couldn't sleep, because of what happened in my dream, it seemed so real, almost as if I was there. I even felt the cold in that asylum, I felt that woman in white's terror, that was why I had to get out of there.

The next morning, I grabbed my skateboard and headed to a coffee shop due to my insomnia and nightmares, I've been told by my therapist that I have these "symptoms" because of my depression, but my mother think it's a bad thing and I had medication to make me sleep, I stopped taking it because these dreams got worse, so bad that one of my friends was taken from me a couple years ago. I saw one of my friends and they thought I was drunk or high as usual, but I told them the reason why, "I'm telling you guys, it felt like it was real" I told my friends about it, and one of them suggested one time a couple years ago that I should write it down, but sadly he passed away not long ago, sometimes it feels like the dream I'm in is gonna be my last one every time. Joey was another one of my oldest friends and he had asked me, "Sam, these dreams have been going on for how many months?"
"48 months?" Which meant 4 years, I don't know what has been going on outside of my dreams, "Sam, maybe telling us what happened could probably help" Joey and I sat down. Just the thought of talking about was making me nervous," I-I can't, it's too hard to describe, everything was happening so fast, but I saw a guy in my dream"
"What did he look like? Maybe that could be the reason why" I took a deep breath,"He has skin that is burned, he wears a dirty brown hat and christmas sweater? And has razors on his right hand" He looked at me very deeply into my eyes,"Um Joey?" I moved my hand right in front of his face, I don't know what was going on in his mind,"Joey" He snapped out of it,"You okay dude?" He nodded his head, I didn't believe it because sometimes the truth can be hidden inside the lie and he was lying.