v

/ / Chapter Five: Grumpy the Cutie / /

                                    Kace's eyes fluttered open slowly, his pupils catching sight of the blue wall before his brain broke free from a cloud of sleep. It took a few moments for him to realise that a warm arm was wrapped around his waist. One hand was pressed flat against his chest, the other resting on his back. As the year nine's brain continued forcing itself awake, more details processed. Small puffs of breath against his chest, cold feet pressed against his legs, and strands of hair tickling his neck and cheek.

                                    Ariel. Kace barely noticed the smile slipping across his lips as he looked down to properly admire the older boy. At some point throughout the night, Ariel had curled up against Kace, his forehead brushing the boy's hickey-covered neck. One of Kace's hands was toying with Ariel's silky curls, the other stretched around his back. Grinning sleepily, Kace hugged him closer and breathed in the beautiful scent of Ariel. Unfortunately, that sudden movement caused the older boy to wake. He groaned sleepily, his tone annoyed.

                                    "Sh, don't worry, sweetheart," Kace murmured, leaning down to press a kiss against Ariel's forehead.

                                    He was met with a kick to shins. "Go get coffee," Ariel grumbled, rolling away from Kace and stealing the blankets. "My head hurts like a bitch," he added. "Do you have aspirin or something?" Without waiting for a reply, the year eleven covered most of his head with a pillow and fell back into silence.

                                    Despite the fact that he, too, was hungover, Kace complied with the boy's wishes. Pulling pastel pink boxers onto his naked body, the teenager exited his room. He walked through his house as quickly as he could without puking everywhere, mentally thanking the universe for his restraint with the alcohol. The teenager strongly preferred being with Ariel whilst sober, only drinking a little bit at parties so that he didn't look strange. That, and the fact that he wasn't yet eighteen made Kace worry about drinking too much.

                                    Locating a painkiller was easy. With the amount of parties he threw and attended, Kace was completely stocked up. A jumbo container of the medicine sat in the drawer and Kace rapidly started brewing coffee. Yawning and wincing at the slight pain in his head, the blond leaned on the kitchen counter as he waited for the coffee. As soon as it finished, Kace filled two mugs, grabbed a bottle of water, and walked up the stairs to see the pretty boy asleep in his bed.

                                    "Hey," Kace murmured softly, sitting on the bed next to Ariel. The boy barely moved, releasing his grip on the pillow that covered his face and sticking his hand out. Chuckling quietly, Kace handed him the painkiller and watched the boy place it in his mouth. Kace gave Ariel the bottle of water, watching as the year eleven took and swig and swallowed loudly.

                                    "Coffee," Ariel mumbled, his voice deep and scratchy. As he said it, the teenager situated himself so that he was sitting up with his bare back against the pillowed headboard. The movement revealed a neck and shoulders covered in hickeys, varying in colour between purple and red. Entranced, Kace stood there staring at the unbelievably hot bruises with a dopey little smile. Even drunk, Ariel usually knew better than to allow himself to be marked up. "Coffee," Ariel repeated, his sleepy voice somewhat more forceful. When Kace handed over the mug, the older boy downed it with large gulps. "You may be a shitty human but you make good coffee," he mumbled. Kace snickered.

                                    Perching on the edge of the bed, Kace shivered slightly as he sipped his drink. "Will you share the blanket?" he whined, gently kicking out at Ariel's covered leg. "I'm cold!"

                                    "And I'm naked," Ariel retorted. "Can you whine a little more quietly? My head hurts."

                                    "All the more reason to cuddle. Body heat," Kace whispered, winking and clicking his tongue. The year nine barely blinked before Ariel was slapping his bicep. "Fine!" Kace giggled, managing to keep his voice soft. "I'll lend you a pair of boxers, one sec." The year nine placed his half-filled coffee cup on the bedside table and walked towards his white dresser. Silence temporarily filled the room as Kace dug through it, silk and lace and satin brushing past his pale skin as he searched for something other than panties. "So, I haven't done laundry in a while and I have no boxers," Kace said, giggling slightly. "Unless you want these?" The teenager held up the closest thing he had to boxers--a silky pair of boy shorts that were a bright, neon pink.

                                    Ariel groaned loudly but held out his hand. Attempting to suppress a little surge of excitement, Kace handed off the silken underwear. Ariel changed under the blanket before kicking it slightly to signal that he was now willing to share. With a little smile, Kace crawled under the fabric that'd been warmed by Ariel's body heat. He edged closer to the older boy, tentatively wrapping his arms around Ariel's middle and resting his head on the blond's shoulders. As he stared at the hickeys covering Ariel's neck, Kace found himself wondering about the state of his tanned thighs. Unable to get rid of the thoughts, Kace reached down and lifted the blanket to examine Ariel's legs. An assembly of marks that matched his neck were speckled across his thighs.

                                    "Your hickeys look really hot," Kace murmured quietly, finally getting Ariel's attention. Beforehand, the year eleven had been solely focused on stealing and drinking Kace's coffee.

                                    "Fuck you," Ariel said, his voice somewhere between a whine and a grumble. "Fucking fuck the fuck out of you, you asshole." Kace had to hold back a giggle; Ariel looked incredibly petulant and his excessive swearing only added to the beautiful picture. "Stop smiling!" Ariel snapped. "I have to go to school like this," he complained.

                                    Kace attempted a response, though his eyes didn't leave Ariel's skin. Before he could manage to spit out more than an unintelligible consonant, the older boy was speaking again. "I'm going home," he announced, standing up and grabbing sweatpants and a band tee from Kace's closet.

                                    "Wha-?" Kace managed to sputter before his bedroom door was being slammed behind Ariel.

a/n uh oh spaghettio
(also the chapter title was supposed to sort of be a seven dwarves reference idk man im bad with this whole title thing)