viii

/ / Chapter Eight: Party of Two / /

Kace adored clothes. Especially lacy, black panties and light wash jeans that were cuffed at the ankles and ripped at the knees. Especially red crop tops that zipped up the front and powder pink sweatshirts that cut off at the end of his ribs and read strawberry milk. Smiling and posing in front of his mirror, Kace winked at his reflection. He turned in circles and hopped up and down a few times to make sure his quiff would hold up. Satisfied, he grabbed strappy black heels and happily padded down the stairs and to his front door. Sliding the shoes on and grabbing his bag, Kace exited his house.

Soft clinking sounds fell from the bag, sourcing from a bottle of vodka that was bumping against his phone and keys. The owner of that night's house party was well-known for supplying terrible drinks.

Kace arrived at the party much later than usual, so when he walked in expecting to see Ariel and the boy wasn't there, his spirits plummeted. Sighing, Kace dragged his finger across the lace that was intentionally visible above the waistband of his jeans. While Kace was busy dawdling around and sipping on a cocktail of vodka and beer, a tall year ten with pitchy hair practically skipped by, a second boy trailing behind him. "Chance!" Kace called after him, knowing that the older teenager was Ariel's best friend.

The Maori boy turned and walked back, dragging his companion along. "Hey, uh-" Chance squinted and swayed drunkenly, obviously struggling to remember Kace's name.

"Kace," the lanky blond supplied. Without waiting for Chance to speak, he opened his mouth once again. "Where's Ariel?"

"He's at his house," Chance slurred, tilting his head slightly. "Why's do you know him?" The teenager that stood next to Chance chuckled softly. Blandly, Kace shrugged in response. Before any more questions could be asked, the younger brunette turned and started shoving his way towards the house's front door. He was just tipsy enough to think barging in on Ariel was a good idea.

-

"My Uber smelled like a mayonnaise-y toilet in Hell," Kace announced as he walked into Ariel's room. Little did he know, the older boy was fast asleep in his bed. But, for a reason unbeknownst to Kace, Ariel was just on the precipice of being awake and woke up as soon as Kace entered.

"Fuck," he groaned, his voice deep and scratchy. "Why the fuck are you here?" he whined, stretching out the last word. "You kept me up last night fixing your shitty car," he mumbled, "and I'm tired, you shit-head." Kace chuckled fondly, crawling onto the bed next to his crush and rolling Ariel onto his back.

"I brought vodka," the younger blond offered. "The good stuff," he tacked on. Slowly, Ariel sat up and took the bottle. He opened it skilfully and took a large sip, wincing obviously.

"We're both underage, drinking this often is going to end in brain damage," Ariel commented, but didn't stop taking sips from the bottle. Kace chuckled, readjusting his seat in the bed so that he could be ever so slightly closer to Ariel. Before he could be pushed away, the younger brunette wrapped his hand around the bottom of the vodka bottle and tugged it away. "If you get me sick I'll hurt you," Ariel informed sleepily. Kace was allowed a few gulps before Ariel reclaimed the bottle.

"S'pose you need more alcohol than me," Kace mumbled, alcohol slowly sapping away his filter. "You need it to like me, but I already like you plenty without it." Scoffing with an expression somewhere between confusion and disbelieving exasperation, Ariel's foot connected with Kace's pale ankle. "You keep drinking. I'll go find cups," Kace replied, giggling and wincing simultaneously as he rubbed his ankle. The boy spoke again as he rolled to his feet. "Didn't your mother ever teach you to share?" he teased.

Ariel mumbled something, but Kace could only make out the words busy, drunk, and father. "What was that?" Kace asked, pausing on his way to the door. Turning his head to look back at Ariel, he couldn't help but notice the way pale green eyes were glued to his ass. Only then did Kace remember the black lace that extended past the waistband of his jeans. A smirk bloomed upon the year nine's soft lips.

"Nothing," Ariel snapped; it took Kace a moment to remember what they'd been talking about. "You might want to get those cups before the bottle's empty," Ariel continued, punctuating that statement by taking a quick swig of vodka. Kace nodded, sneaking past bedroom doors that he assumed belonged to Ariel's siblings and mother.

Kace found the kitchen with little difficulty, since Ariel's house had nearly the exact same layout as his. Finding cups was insurmountably more difficult, but Kace managed, though he was only able to find plastic ones with cartoon characters printed on the side. He walked through the quiet house and back to Ariel's room, where he found the older boy sprawled on his bed with a hazy smile.

"What took so long?" Ariel complained, holding out a hand and beckoning Kace closer. "I am drunk," the older boy giggled, sitting up shakily. Laughing with an obvious fondness, Kace joined Ariel on the bed. He handed off a bright pink cup with Minnie Mouse on it, watching Ariel fill it to the brim with vodka.

After swallowing a few gulps of the clear liquid, Ariel curled up against Kace's side. "Stay the night," he murmured. "You haffta take care of me; I'm a li'l tipsy."

"'Course, princess," Kace said sweetly.

a/n yeet