x

/ / Chapter Ten: But you Held the Ice / /

                                    Ariel drove languidly, smiling at nothing in particular. An incredible slumber after what felt like years of sleepless nights had filled the teenager with a certain sense of joy. Aimlessly happy, he decided to call it.

                                    Unfortunately, that particular emotion was doomed to crash and burn within the next few minutes that passed. Ariel pulled into the school parking lot and exited his car, twirling the keys. He walked across the asphalt and towards the entrance, absently humming to himself. A smile bloomed on his face at the sound of teenagers shouting and hollering. He assumed that something was going on off to the side of school which would grant easy access to the front doors.

                                    And then he found the source of the noise. Two beefy year twelves, each taller than six feet with sickeningly impressive muscles, were pummelling Kace with all their might. A bruise on one of the neanderthals' eyes and a split lip on the other revealed that the year nine had fought back, but he seemed to have been beaten into submission. Kace lay on the ground, sharps stones and gravel cutting his skin. Blood streamed from his nose, there were large rips in his dress, and the two year twelves still continued to torment him.

                                    "Aw, the little girl's wearing panties," one of them said as he tore at the denim dress. "What are you hiding under there, a dick or a vagina?" Letting out a sound between a groan and a whimper, Kace desperately tried to escape the gargantuan guy. Panic filled his greyish-blue eyes. Filled with the natural instinct to protect the younger brunette, Ariel rushed forward.

                                    "Hey!" he snapped, swinging his foot out to kick the young man out of the way before he could rip Kace's satiny, white panties. "I get that you two fuck-heads are less evolved and feel the need to release your barbaric rage by swinging your meaty, ugly fists, but next time don't pick the year nine that's half your size." The two bullies stood still, staring idiotically at Ariel. Taking his chance, the tanned boy took turns kicking each of their family jewels. Whilst they keeled over, cursing loudly, Ariel wrapped his arms around Kace's waist and hurried him into the school.

                                    Stuttering weakly, Kace attempted to thank him for the save. Before he could get out more than a few unintelligible sounds, the teenager broke into tears. "Ow," he managed, whimpering and sobbing against Ariel's shoulders. The older boy led him into a thankfully empty bathroom, locking the door behind them. Ariel scooped Kace up and seated him on the counter between the two sinks, soothingly rubbing the younger boy's thighs.

                                    "You're lucky I carry a first aid kit with me," Ariel mumbled. He didn't mention the fact that Kace's bloody face and knees and elbows and torso and thighs were substantially worse than his siblings' skinned knees. "Here, look at me." Gently, Ariel placed his fingers on Kace's chin and looked into his pale eyes. They looked clear and alert. "I don't think you have a concussion," he said, scanning Kace's bloody face. "Sit still. I'm going to bandage what I can, okay?"

                                    "Yeah," Kace managed; his tears didn't stop flowing as he spoke. Grabbing gauze and bandaids, Ariel stepped between Kace's legs and started dabbing at the boy's bleeding forehead.

                                    "Can I get you to hold this to your nose?" Ariel asked, brandishing a clump of gauze. Kace nodded, accepting it and pressing it against his steadily bleeding nose. After a few minutes, the year nine's forehead stopped bleeding for the most part and Ariel stuck a few bandaids over the cut. "You're covered in cuts that I can't get to because of, uh, the dress," the year eleven said awkwardly.