Earth 50 3.0

"Are you sure you have to go? I mean, I understand why you want to leave but, it's just so last minute that we were all shocked that you want to leave so suddenly." Alex fussed over her sister.

Kara and the rest of the team was at the DEO. She walked in carrying a suitcase along with her purse and she announced that she was having a vacation and she requested that James and Mon-El take care of the city while she's gone. Since Mon-El came back, Supergirl, Valor and Guardian have become a crime fighting trio, and Kara has seen that National City is more than okay in their hands whether or not she's gone.

She managed to talk to J'onn and Alex about this, as her reason for taking a vacation as a superhero and a reporter is mostly because Mon-El is back. The pain became too much for her that she needed time to breathe, claiming that coming back to her home town wasn't enough to give her a clear head.

Fortunately for her, Caitlin Snow of Earth One was experiencing the same thing. Especially after her epiphany which involved how she managed to fall in love with the Scarlet Speedster and how there isn't anything she could do about it. Kara found out about it during the Earth X fiasco, after Caitlin talked to her because she found out about Kara and Mon-El. They got to talking and immediately became besties, almost like sisters. Dr. Tanhauser even found out about Caitlin and Kara's sisterly closeness, as well as the fact that Kara is from another universe, and she saw a certain light in Kara that reminded her of her lost husband. She was immediately taken with Kara that she saw her like a daughter.

And since she found out about their dilemma, Carla Tanhauser offered the girls the Snow family lake house located at the edge of Chicago, Illinois. She even had her company's private jet reserved for them if they ever decided to take a break at the lake house. It was the least she could do for her daughter, now that she and Caitlin have reconnected again.

Caitlin took up her mother's offer and asked Kara if she wanted to join. She gave it a lot of thought, and she decided to come along. She deserves a vacation, after all.

The plan was Kara will meet with Caitlin at STAR Labs before they head to her apartment to grab her stuff and where her mom's company limo will pick them up to take them to the airport. Kara managed to file an indefinite leave of absence directly to Cat Grant, and she was more than generous to grant it.

Whereas, Caitlin mentioned to the team that she needed a break. Barry didn't want to let her go, but Cisco managed to convince him to agree.

Right now, Kara is saying good-bye to everyone before Winn opens a breach to STAR Labs.

"We'll contact Team Flash in case that we need you. Have a safe trip." J'onn bid her with a hug. Kara nodded.

"Tell the team hi for me, especially Cisco, even though we haven't even met yet." Winn requested her as he gave her a hug too.

"I promise Winn." Kara promised him.

"See you soon, Little Danvers." Maggie bid her with a short hug.

"See you Maggie. Take care of Alex for me." Kara requested from her.

"Is that even a question?" Maggie joked and Kara could only smile.

Mon-El was up, and the awkwardness in the room was so evident that no one could even breath. But, Kara was having none of it and broke the silence.

"Keep our city safe, Mon-El." She told him.

"I will." He answered her almost immediately.

Kara nodded in response as she turned to Winn to open the breach.

A blue-white vortex opened in the middle of the DEO. Kara gave everyone around her one last smile before she stepped through the breach, carrying her luggage.

"I shouldn't have come back here." Mon-El huffed out. "I'm the reason why she's like this."

"Damn right it is. But, what you should be saying is, you should've come back sooner. She was like a ghoul ever since you left. And now that you're back, but married to someone else, it became too much for her." Alex told him.

"I wish there was something I could do to take away the pain that I can see in her eyes every time she looked into mine. I mean, I lost all hope that I was gonna get back to her those seven months that I've been gone. I needed to move on. I never imagined that I would be back here. And how much more pain that I would cause upon her when I did." Mon-El admitted to her.

"And no one could have told you otherwise. Kara tried to move on as well. But you clearly had better luck than she had. And the fact that you two shared something special before, made it even harder for her. What you had was something to hold on to, something worth living for. I thought you two would last and Kara can finally have the happiness that she deserves and the love that she's been looking for. But, circumstances proved us wrong, and here we are." Alex admitted to him in return.

Mon-El couldn't find the words to answer to what she just said. A sigh only came out as he walked to the balcony and stared out into the city. Thoughts of how he can make it up to Kara in a way that won't make their situation worse than it already is.