Hurt (Part One)

A/N: This chapter and the next one might be sensitive to some viewers.

___________________________________________

Kaizo had become the living example of what people call a student idol. Best basketball player, great at tennis, top grades, hot topic of the 'gossip' girls, charismatic and yes still indifferent to a fault.

As the days went past by, Kaizo started to get used to earth. He'd go to university to spend.. his off time? Yeah off time. He had gained a lot of popularity for his personality and of course his unusual blood red eyes.

He had Fang and helped him in everything, starting from his homework, projects, reciting. When he was in depression, blaming himself for Kaizo's situation, Kaizo was there for him.. this time.

For once he was free, he could see the freedom. He didn't have to raise his sword against anyone, to see the blood tainted clothes holding what was barely a corpse, tattered flesh with limbs now lost.

No. It's enough.
Even though...

Cruelty is always there. Past keeps chasing you like hunting beasts. You try to move away, you think you're free but no, Past never really goes.

___________________________________________

Kaizo's POV

I was in my university campus heading for my next class when suddenly I got an urgent phone call. I said it 'urgent' because I knew no one calls me at this time. So as everyone or more likely earthlings does when they get an unknown call like this I.. didn't answer it.

But when that unknown number called me twice I couldn't help but answer it. I was worried and it took over me the most when I heard it..

The concern in her tone was evident, "Its from the city hospital. Is this Kaizo answering?"

I could feel my worry bubbling up.

I swallowed something thick down my throat, "Yes. It's Kaizo speaking. What is it?"

"We have admitted a patient named Fang. His friends claimed you are his elder brother and his guardian. So we have called you and humbly request you to come as soon as you can. It is best if his parents could come too."

Parents? Right.

I was running a million miles in my mind and stopped thinking all together. I couldn't protect him...

I was right here and I couldn't even protect him.

I didn't realize when I started using my powers, let alone stop to think if I would be exposed. All I knew was, I had to leave, as fast as possible.

I thought it took me several minutes to reach but seeing the caller's stunned expression I figured I took a mere second.

"How could you-" I interrupted him saying, "Where's Fang? Where IS he..?" I almost threatened her, unknowingly.

"H-He's in room no:5-567.." she stuttered out.

I quickened  my steps as the room came in view. Who could hurt him like this? He could use his powers for protection, right?

No, it probably can't be.

___________________________________________

Kaizo gently opened the hospital room door. He heaved a shaky breath when he saw Fang lying in bed, unconscious. Boboiboy was sitting in the chair near him, his head resting in his palm. As he looked at Kaizo, he got up and ushered him to sit beside him.