When it Plummets

As they walked closer, a man looking the same age as the older one there, stood outside the gate. His dual hair of gray and black and unusual red eyes made him stand out even more.

"Welcome back Kaizo and.."

"Boboiboy from Earth."

"Hello there Boboiboy. I'm rather surprised, you're not scared of seeing an other worldly environment."

Kaizo smirked at that, "This is Kai, we're what you guys call classmates. And Kai, he's a friend of Fang's. Of course he has a backbone unlike you."

Was that a retort coming from someone like Kaizo?

"Whatever let's head in. It's quite chilly tonight unlike yesterday."

Kaizo rolled his eyes and walked first into the big mansion. Boboiboy stood for a solid ten seconds processing that they had indeed exchanged retorts including the uncooperative, indifferent Kaizo.

The mansion was skillfully designed with white walls and occasional colored borders. It had wooden floors that held warmth. Red leather sofas with a tea table sat at one side of the hall near the fireplace. The group of three sat there.

"What's up Kaizo?"

Kaizo sighed, "Fang was shot with a imperial cast bullet. Pretty confirmed it’s her."

"What the freak..?"

"Tell Boboiboy about it okay, I'm tired." Kaizo spoke while stiffening a yawn. He did navigate through most of the travel.

Kai nodded motioning him to leave if he wanted. Kaizo just stood up and went outside for some fresh air.

"Kaizo and Fang both come from imperial bloodline but.. There's more to it that only few of us know."

Boboiboy nodded, fully focused.

"Kaizo was a kid when he fell ill, real bad. There was no hope except for the soul essence, named the 'golden rose'. Something you have to wait for a hundred years to bloom. The king had found it, lucky for them it was just on time. They saved him."

Kai glanced at the open front gate, not noticing Kaizo there. He looked back at Boboiboy.

"Ten years later, Fang was just one year old when he fell into the same irreversible illness. Kaizo chose his brothers life over his and went through a soul capacity simulation. They could secure half of his golden rose. Now both of them share it."

Kai took a breath before continuing again, "It makes them really stronger than the ordinary, but they are more susceptible to imperial bullets, made to shoot right at your soul."

Boboiboy spoke slowly, "Will Fang be okay?"

Kai's uncertain eyes made him slump even more.

"I'm sure Kaizo has something figured. He always does."

"It's just, he's my best friend and I really want to help him."

"It's okay, your presence in his life alone is enough. You see, he's seen much more than his age could handle."

"I'll... keep that in mind."

The sudden noise brought their attention back.

"Others are here it seems." Kai said standing up, "Let's go Boboiboy, ask me for any question got it?"

"Okay,"

Kaizo's annoyed look sent Kai into sweating mode.

"Look, they needed to see you okay? Don't blame me for your OWN disappearence."