Losing The Light

FANG'S POV

I sigh as I look out the huge window by the dinner table. We had just finished our supper at around 8 in the evening, brother and Kaira weren't here it.

Those uncomfortable shift of topic made it obvious enough that they weren't upto just nothing. I couldn't shove down the bubbles of concern.

"Fang?" I was slightly startled at being called, feeling relaxed since it was just Boboiboy. I wasn't in the mood to talk to others yet. 

I knew where Kaizo could be. Still they wouldn't even say anything. 

I was slightly confused seeing his nervous smile. What's with him?

"I was just checking on you. You seemed lost," he said with a bit of concern, though he tried hiding it with his smile.

We had gotten pretty close by the time. Though I would feel frustrated with him for being a  mother hen, worrying over me, but I knew why he did that. His Quake self kept reflecting on his features.

"Boboiboy, stop being like a mother hen," I remarked smirking. Boboiboy visibly flustered earning my laughter.

"I'm not Fang! I-I'm just worried for you," he said waving his hands a bit.

I sighed. Then forced out a smile. "I'm okay, really. Don't worry so much." I said even though I felt unsure, I hid it from him. The least I wanted him to do was worry like that.

His face showed a mixture of doubt and contemplation. My smile faltered slightly. 

"Okay, Fang."

An awkward silence fell in between us. The blue moon named Amphitrite cast a bluish tint at the far ends of the trees my could reach. In the few years that I've lived here, seeing Achelous, the red moon, was sort of rare. Achelous was supposed to be tidally locked but surprise, it's still up and running. Though it's appearance became a rare site to see.  A look back already thinking Boboiboy must've left. 

He was sitting close to me propping a chair close enough to see the view I was reminiscing on.

"That blue one, it's Amphirite, right?"

"Amphitrite."

"Ah- and the others said there were two moons. Never saw the other one."

"Well, that one might be dying?" I immediately blinked. Boboiboy looked terrified as he stared at me. 

"I mean, it's gonna be tidally locked soon so we wouldn't be able to see it from here, as far as I know." 

"That's sorta sad," Boboiboy quipped up, his eyes staring in a childlike amusement. 

"Say Boboiboy, you like Yaya, right?" I asked, a small smirk playing on my lips. Boboiboy looked at me with a how-the-hell-do-you-know look. 

"W-Whaat?"

"I knew it! You really are a open book you know."

"Humpf! Fang, you-"

"Oh please, stop being such a rabbit in the hole and say it. You like Her." I kept bombarding him and he blushed even more. I wandered if a carrot could hold as much tint as him right now.

"Okay! Okay, I like her. But yeah.." he suddenly he's smirking back at me.

"I think I'm gonna go see your all of chubby pictures from Farah."