Diving into Where it Started

Never in her life had Kaira cursed so much as the incoming of soldiers never seem to stop. Kaizo took a shortcut while Kiara worked as his decoy.

Heck he doubted she could fight for long. But she was too stubborn to be stopped anyway.

The plan was this: they needed to go to the lowest level, below the captivities straight into the basement.

While Kaizo was silent and sharp, Kiara was not. A punch wasn't enough, a kick wasn't enough like God! Why wasn't that so freaking not enough?

"Told you to stay back, Kiara" Kaizo said with a sigh. Few more seconds till another barrage of attacks.

"Shut up. You don't know my abilities yet." Kiara huffed.

Kaizo stayed with her for a while before taking off. Apparently he got a chance to rush away from the guards, leaving her fighitng alone. Se cursed for the 153th time. These guards were way overboard! she suddenly stopped.

Enough!

She closed her eyes. Moving her lips to summon an attack, she aimed a dark sword similar to Kaizo's and aimed straight at the guards' heart, instant kill.

As she opened her eyes, her original deep blue orbs were replaced with crimson ones. 

"I'm not the captain's daughter for no reason you know." she said with venom.

Others merely gulped in fear, no one seemed to step up. She smirked.

"Dark energy barrier." the barrier moved along with her, blocking any attacks from these meagre soldiers.

Time to meet the egotistic captain. 

_____________________________________________

"Have you got any information?"

"They are stronger than you think. Those guards won't be enough, your majesty."

"Perhaps not. Do you wish to visit your friend?"

"Tsk. I'd very much like to play your games."

"As you wish, go."

His lips curved upwards, forming a smirk.

"Now isn’t this fun?"

______________________________________________

"Block them, Kiara! We almost there," Kaizo panted as he kept on slashing the incoming guards.

"Kaizo!! I'm gonna block them. Go get those crystals!" Kaira was still using her powers and that amazed Kaizo to no end.

She's far stronger than even him, he thought

For someone using their powers for the second time, she was holding on quite well. Or she might be as well be standing strong in front of him. Either way, he had to hurry up before they both ran out of energy. 

"Alright… you can do this." Kiara spoke in a whisper as the man in front of her dashed downwards.

Kaizo ran for the basement, running down the spiral dark stairs with his enhanced speed. As he got he stepped on the very bottom of the stair, the dark room lit up from all corners.

This place was huge.

"Torture cell." he whispered. "Maybe used for the same simulation."

The walls seemed faded but not dusty, it had no windows or doors, in a word, it looked like prison for the worst victims.

Upon seeing the place, his eyes fixated on the black looking metalic chain and the blackish thick glass cover that it surrounded. There remained the sharp edged Black Crystals, the finder of the golden rose.

'Finally,' Kaizo thought to himself as he walked up to it. He grasped at his sword and slowly gripping it hard. He closed his eyes.

With a swift motion, he unleashed his sword, gripped it with both hands, he struck it down with full force. The glass shattered down and the crystals remained with all its glory.

"Nah-uh, Kaizo. Not so fast."

A cloaked man with red hair smirked. His left arm revealed the captain's batch that Kaizo had mercilessly ripped out in front of the queen. The man held a red glowing sword, in contrast to Kaizo's bluish one.

Kaizo's eyes narrowed towards him. "Terence,"

The man grinned bemused, "Welcome back, friend. I have been looking for you. But I found her first. So I thought of playing with her till I meet ya."

He pulled his hood back and looked at Kaizo, revealing his mahogany eyes. He smirked again.

"Must admit, it was fun."
Kaizo's eyes went wide in sheer fear. No..

He chuckled, motioning something over with his fingers. Soon, Kaizo saw her covered in a red orb, unconscious.

His heart rate escalated with panic.

"Terence! What did you do to her?!"

"As I said, I just played for a bit. Not my fault that you couldn't teach her basic defense. Poor thing could barely stand. Still had the guts to praise you in front of me!" he yelled, his grin grew wilder.

"Couldn't help teaching her of her fucking limits!"

"I won't Spare You Terence!"

"We'll see about that,"

Kaizo's whole body shook with fury. All his fears faded. All he could see was red.

He gripped his blue sword tightly, the light radiating a furious shade implying the anger he felt. He lashed out at him and so did Terence. 

An immediate clash was heard followed by one after another.

______________________________________________

"I'm sorry, Kaizo. I'm so sorry..." she whispered knowing no one would hear her. Her eyes brimmed up but she didn't dare let them fall.

For the King, his biological father was behind her watching too.

______________________________________________

To Be Continued

Thanks for reading!