16

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

third-person POV

The house was quiet as everyone, tired from the day's activities, slept soundly. But Jieun couldn't sleep, having been woken up by a particularly loud snore from Woojin.

She got up and made her way to the balcony. She slid open the glass doors as she stepped outside. The night was chilly, as she shivered from the cold.

Similarly, Jihoon was also awake, but it was because his head was full of thoughts. He was so confident that he was right, but Jieun's actions were telling him otherwise. He saw movement and a figure he recognised as Jieun was making her way to the balcony.

"This is the perfect chance." He mumbled to himself as he got up. He had been trying to get some private time to talk to Jieun for ages, but his friends and the fear that he might be wrong always came in the way.

Feeling courageous, he silently made his way to where Jieun was leaning on the balcony, feeling the cool breeze brush against her face.

Jihoon's POV

"Jieun?" I spoke up, startling her.

"Oh its just you."

"Can't sleep?" I started as I leaned next to her.

"Yeah. You too?" She asked as I nodded.

"Ji-" I tried to bring up what I had been dying to ask.

"Y'know, I'm already eighteen, but I haven't even had a first love yet." She said, unaware that I wanted to tell her something.

This left me tongue-tied. I tried searching for words to say, but I couldn't think of anything.

"Surely, you must have had one. A childhood friend maybe?" I said with a hopeful tone in my voice.

"I doubt so," She hesitated, "Can I tell you something? Since I think we're close enough to be good friends and all." Her eyes looked slightly anxious.

"S-Sure."

"Okay. I actually can't remember anything that happened more than two years ago."

I looked at her, a flurry of thoughts racing through my mind.

"H-How?" I stuttered again.

"Hmm...I got into a really bad accident while playing basketball that day." She squinted her eyes, trying to remember, "I think the ball flew out of court, onto the nearby highway."

"I ended up in really bad shape at the emergency room, woke up and realised I couldn't remember anything, but it wasn't serious to the point where I didn't know my own name, but other than that, my mind was a complete blank."

She stopped for awhile, shivering a little from the cold.

"Hang on." I said as I made to take off the hoodie I was wearing.

"Woah woah woah." She stopped me.

"I'm wearing a shirt underneath dummy." I said as I showed her.

Her mouth fell into a 'O' shape as she put my hoodie on.

"Essence of Park Jihoon?" She sniffed it.

"In case you didn't already know, I smell really good."

She rolled her eyes.

"Have you ever tried getting your memories back?" I asked, holding my breath.

"I have, and I may have succeeded a little." She scratched her brow, "I get small little flashbacks now and then, but I guess I would need something like a hard knock to the head to fully remember."

She laughed silently before turning to me.

"You feel really familiar, as if we have some history." She looked at me up and down, "But it's probably just a feeling."

"Y-Yeah, probably."

☆☆☆

"Rise and shine!" An excited voice rang through the house as the same person ran throughout the house to draw back every single curtain, letting the sunshine in.

Moans and whines were heard throughout as everyone squinted their eyes against the bright rays.

"Shut up. It's a Sunday." Woojin grabbed Jihoon's pillow from under his head and threw it at Daehwi.

"Erm yeah. Its already seven in the morning! I've been up since six!" Daehwi pulled the covers off everyone he could see to wake them up.

"That's it." Jinyoung said through clenched teeth.

Ten minutes later, muffled screams were heard from the toilet upstairs as everyone went back to sleep.

Feeling annoyed, Jinyoung and Woojin had decided to wrap Daehwi up in blankets before locking him upstairs till an alarm rang at nine, preventing him from causing anymore disturbance till everyone was ready to wake up.

+hello! short chapter to focus on jihoon and jieun! also, spoiler but i just decided on a decent plot for this book and i'm!! so!! excited!! its still far away, but i can't wait. thank you for reading!♡